Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

I followed your instructions and am happy to say so far it has worked flawlessly!

Where have you been for the past year Danny?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I will have to ditto the last 3 or 4 posts. I also followed Danny's process and can report so far, so good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Day 2, left it running all day... still running! NO LOCKUPS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So... is this actually fixed?   Who has tried this and confirmed it actually worked?  I have used up my trial period of YouTube TV and can’t try this unless I pay for a month.  That costs more than a new Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The freezing & hanging on a black screen was so bad last weekend, I found the fix. 2 new Firesticks took care of the problem for me. Roku just didn’t give a **bleep** enough to resolve the problem 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Couple weeks of stay at home, now thru the draft...no hang ups for me. Tested the various channels thar were hanging up coming out of VOD episodes with no glitches.

I believe it is fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

OK I did as 'Danny' suggested:  deleted Youtube app, restarted system, then reloaded Youtube app.

App version is ytr2020042114rc0

Says no updates available

Still DOES NOT play previous accessed VOD without freezing after ads.

Try 'Killing Eve' on BBCA, Season 1, episode 2 VOD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

WHAT APP VERSION SHOULD IT BE?  Seems like there are dozens of different versions, what is the latest/greatest?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra.. As mentioned earlier, I deleted the YTTV app, restarted and then re-installed the YTTV. My version is ytr2020042114rc0 in the app (highlight your profile picture and goto "About", and the Roku Ultra sees the version as 9100057 (highlight the YTTV app and hit the * key)- it has been FLAWLESS on VOD and on Live TV. The version prior to this I couldnt make it an hour on Live TV without it locking up.

At least for me, using a Roku Ultra, its been 3 days now with no lockups!

I consider this problem now FIXED. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have been running the latest version of the Youtube TV app (black icon) with no problems since the latest update which is version - ytv2020042114rc0.

To check your version:

1. Launch the Youtube TV app from your Roku device.

2. Select the person icon on the upper right corner of the screen.

3. Select About.

4. Select App version.

My version is - ytv2020042114rc0

I have not had any freeze-ups with this version and I will post back if I do.

0 Kudos