Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jd231
Level 9

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

I have been running the latest version of the Youtube TV app (black icon) with no problems since the latest update which is version - ytv2020041414rc0.

To check your version:

1. Launch the Youtube TV app from your Roku device.

2. Select the person icon on the upper right corner of the screen.

3. Select About.

4. Select App version.

My version is - ytv2020041414rc0

I have not had any freeze-ups with this version and I will post back if I do.

0 Kudos
marknpt
Level 9

Jump to solution

You will get responses from YTTV, but no fix...because it's a Roku issue. 

0 Kudos
SJC
Level 8

Jump to solution

Agreed the issue should be looked at by both Roku and YouTube TV!  I also turned in the issue with a YouTube TV rep and used the feature in the App to send feedback with Logs. As they indicated it is "known Issue" they will look into it and get back to me via email. Hopefully issue will be resolved by either Roku or YTTV if they get overwhelmed by feedback!

0 Kudos
MKC62
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same problem watching VOD (Schitt's Creek) on YouTube TV on our Sharp Roku TV. The YouTube TV app on our Xbox works fine so it seems like a Roku issue. 

0 Kudos
Foghorn
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a ROKU 4200X with YTTV app version ytv2020041414rc0 and still having ad freezing issues.

0 Kudos
bayhett
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem here - makes YTTV unusable for VOD.  We've had Rokus for years and I've recommended them to friends and family members.  If they can't get this fixed soon, that will surely change.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

This issue should be resolved at this time. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
DoesntSeemToWor
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I followed your instructions and made sure I had the latest version of YouTube TV.  Good news!  It worked!  I tried watching back some VOD that always froze the Roku before and now it's playing back just fine.  I'll post if I run into anymore problems, but if all is well after trying it for a bit, I'll upgrade my ratings on Roku and YouTube TV.

Thanks!

Mike

0 Kudos
DJI
Level 9

Jump to solution

Reinstalled as instructed. Lets see what happens! Thanks for updating Roku!!

0 Kudos
DJI
Level 9

Jump to solution

Well by now it would have locked up several times on commercials.. but the first 3 hours it hasnt locked up once. This could be promising! I'll update again after some more time has passed.