Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHT186
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Jump to solution

Interestingly enough, I brought up my ROKU (unumbered, so must be a 1) and it plays just as nicely as can be, not stopping or hanging up at all. Sometimes I get the Wifi wheel spinning, but that's from the I-beams  in the basement ceiling. In and out of ads as nice as can be!

0 Kudos
smoss22
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Roku... are your developers really this inept? This has been an issue for more than a year!!! It's time to hang up the "thanks for letting us know... we will pass it along" **bleep**.  It's time to have some respect for your users and fix this extremely irritating issue! Or, at the very least, be honest and tell us why it isnt being addressed.  This issue basically makes VOD useless. FIX IT!!

0 Kudos
SquattingHen
Level 9

Jump to solution

It’s obviously not fixed, but I haven’t had the issue happen again in the past two weeks. 

0 Kudos
chris1har
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem with Roku Stick. It’s really annoying!

0 Kudos
DoesntSeemToWor
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  Seems like it happen more now than before.  Given that it's not clear who's at fault here and that the issue has been around for months and months, I'd recommend staying away from a Roku and instead get an Apple TV or Amazon Fire stick.

0 Kudos
Earl85
Level 7

Jump to solution

After reading this long thread, very disappointed  that Roku and YTTV can’t solve. Having same issue with YTTV trial this week. Seems like YYTV works on all platforms (ipad, firestick, smart tv, etc) so think this is a Roku problem. Will buy a firestick. 

User62
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra and a second TV with Roku built in.  Both freeze up when watching VOD on YTTV.  It happens most often at the end of the second set of ads.  Happens ONLY on VOD that has ads.  CBS VOD is the worst.  HOWEVER if I access YTTV via my Samsung smart TV then no freezing of VOD.  SO definitely appears to be a Roku issue.

Come on Rolku fix this soon or you will lose this customer for life!

0 Kudos
marknpt
Level 9

Jump to solution

You are missing the whole point here. They have your money already, so leaving causes them no grief, there is no impact. It's not as if you were paying a monthly fee for Roku. 

Now, if more people would get onto social media and expose Roku as one of the worst customer experience businesses, well we might have hope of them fixing this.

0 Kudos
SJC
Level 8

Jump to solution

This Ad Freeze problem is getting worse!! Was looking into upgrading our Roku players with newer versions but see from all the posts this would not help, so will be forced to go with Fire sticks as I do not want to give up YouTube TV. Too bad someone at Roku does not acknowledge this issue. 

jd231
Level 9

Jump to solution

You should post an issue on the Youtube TV web site.  After all it is their app that is giving you the problem.  I have and I have gotten responses from them.

0 Kudos