Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Jump to solution

Version 1.0 Build 91000019 is the version I have, and have had that for about 3 months. Still waiting for them to release the new version so I can test also.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Mine shows 1.0 build 80000001

This is on my Roku TV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

How are you locating the version?  My Youtube TV icon is black and this is how I locate the version.

1.  Select the Youtuve TV app on your Roku.

2.  Select the person icon on the upper right corner of the screen.

3.  Select About near the bottom of the list.

4.  Select App version.

My Youtube TV version shows - ytv2020040714rc0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

From the Roku home screen, I arrow over to the Youtube TV app. Then press the asterisk button (*), then arrow up to the Version. It tells me Version 1.0 Build 91000019. This is on my Roku 4k Streaming Stick +. The version on my TCL Roku TV is different.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

@jd231 I just did what you did to see the version, and I too see ytv2020040714rc0. Strange how that version is different than the version you get when you press the asterisk button when in the Roku home screen.

Well, in any event, I'm still getting the same problems. No difference.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

You don’t open the app to get the version we are discussing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

When I locate the version the way you do it shows - Version 1.0 build 80000001.   When I display the version inside the Youtube TV app it shows - ytv2020040714rc0.  This is on my Roku Premiere+.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

My Roku icon changed to the 'black' version a week or so ago;  it is listed as version 1.0  build 800000001

Still freezes with VOD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

...and boom.. locked up on one of their 'zen' commercials with silly music playing.. spinning wheel of death and nothing.. will not recover using < or > Had to power cycle the Roku Ultra... The streaming stick hasnt missed a beat... oh Well.. back to the Firestick for me. I'll leave this run on the other TV occasionally and check for new versions of the YTTV app. Interestingly enough, the Roku firmware version hasnt been update since December 2019.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

With the new version of YTTV playback of recordings is freezing on some, not on others. I know it will freeze if I can't fast forward through the ads. I'm not sure there is a pattern to what will and won't freeze, but the new version is not a complete fix.

0 Kudos