Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

I dumped my 4 Rokus and replaced them with Amazon Fire Sticks and Nvidia Shield TV devices. Not a single issue with them! I’ve had nothing but problems with the Rokus. Between multiple Youtube TV problems And Netflix failing to start, I couldn’t take it any longer. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here after 3-mos not fixing, sadly dumped my Roku 3, 4 & two sticks -- don't try and resell on eBay, hundreds available. Get firestick, no problems at all.  Disappointed Roku, I was an early adopter of Roku and turned on several friends and clients to your devices -- no longer, very sad. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problem, freeze-up after ads on YouTube VOD;  have been corresponding with YouTube, giving info and they are supposedly looking into it.  Seems like they should know about it already after all this time.

Roku, I will be dropping u and getting an alternate streaming device and I will bad mouth you to anyone who will listen to me.  Shameful!!!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I believe the issue is The YTTV Roku app.  Who creates the app, Roku or the service provider?  If the service provider is involved, then this is probably a YTTV issue.  I've never had this issue using any other streaming app on any of our Roku TVs. - we currently use Philo and YTTV and have never had this issue not one time using the Philo app.  I only have this issue with the TV in my bedroom which is an older Roku TV.  The Roku TV in the living room doesn't have this issue, but I just bought that TV last year so it's much newer.  Based on what's happening at my home there seeems to be a compatibility issue between the YTTV app and older Roku devices.  I hope that helps in the troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Jump to solution

I actually have a Roku 2 and it does he same thing. I find it hard to imagine the show content has anything to do with it! I had an immense amount of trouble tonight trying to watch Ep. 16 of Chicago Fire On Demand. So unless that's your show also, ???? 

Maybe the Network (NBC in this case) is doing something weird. My new smart TV has Roku build in, sort of, but I only see these  hangups because of  of my position in the WiFi world in the house.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Why do you keep responding with the same stupid statement. Passing this on to the channel provider is not the fix to this problem. It is a Roku problem, and Roku is doing nothing to fix this. Admit it is a Roku problem and fix it before you start bleeding Roku subscribers. Your canned response is moronic. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Roku supplies the hardware and operating system upon which the Youtube TV app runs.  I have been working with the folks over at Youtube TV and yesterday I got a response back that says they have released a new version of the Youtube TV app and they think they have the problem fixed.  You should reinstall your Youtube TV app on your Roku and see if you still have the problem.  Please post back any further errors here so we can all benefit.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

I checked and the new version isn't available in the app store. Still the old version.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have had the new version of the app (it’s now black) for maybe a week now. I haven’t had the freeze issue since. Now I could just be lucky, but so far, no more freezes. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yea, i've had the "black" labeled version for about two weeks now. It appeared during one of my troubleshooting sessions with YTTV support - you know their boxed answer to any troubleshooting routine "just reinstall the app". What version do you have? Mine is Version 1.0 Build 91000019. I dont know what the previous version was since I've been using my Firesticks for the past two weeks instead. I'll let this run today to see if it locks up again

(To get to version, in the Roku menu, highlight the YoutubeTV app and click the * button.)

0 Kudos