Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

Did anyone find a fix for this? I have a Roku 4K, love youtube tv, but this happens a lot with VOD playback. Black screen after ads. Comes back sometimes if you just let it sit for a minute but....

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  VOD playback on my iPhone or Windows 10 PC never hangs up.  It only hangs up on a Roku.  I have the same problem on all TVs with multiple versions of Roku, including a brand new Roku Ultra that I installed yesterday.  When will Roku fix this problem?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Don’t hold your breathe. Unfortunately, this has been an ongoing issue! It appears no one is trying or attempting to fix it or come up with a solution. 

I don’t even think they check these posts. As I have yet to see a reply of any kind even letting their customers know, we are aware of the problem and our team is diligently trying to resolve it.

Your best bet is to try to get back your money and buy an Amazon stick!

My frustration is that it’s so misleading that Roku is compatible with YouTube TV. When the fact is it does not work like it should. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Teaschip there was a response back on page 4 from "Tanner" that works for Roku. Haven't heard a peep from him/her since January.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Who knows Tanner maybe working for Amazon now! 😆 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

,I tweeted at Youtube also. They said they’re aware of the issue & trying to fix it. I guess if roku doesn’t care, YouTube can’t find the solution without a partnership mentality from roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is unbearable! Please fix this.  I just bought my 3rd Roku in January. How can you sell something this flawed?  Yes, I have updated the firmware. I’m a software developer with 35+ years of experience. This is fixable. Put some resources on it. Can’t you see all of these complaints over the same problem? Is anyone even paying attention? I’ll convert everything I have back to FireStick at this rate. I got Rokus to make it easier for my wife, not this inferior garbage.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Jump to solution

The problem has been solved! I am switching back to my FireSticks. Goodbye Roku.  Quality service matters.

@RokuTannerD wrote:

Thanks for continuing to share your reports. 

We've passed your feedback along to the channel provider (YouTubeTV) and we are continuing to  investigate the issue with them.

If I hear any further updates, I will be sure to share them. In the meantime, we'd recommend continuing to follow up with YouTube support for additional support and status updates. 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I bought the Roku because the Firestick is not compatible with 5g internet. We have had the Roku for less than 24 hours and it has frozen during the live ads multiple times in that time frame. The lack of attentiveness to this ongoing issue is ridiculous! I will be returning the Roku and switching back to Firestick 1st thing tomorrow! #verydisappointing 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

So I was able to do a bit more testing yesterday and have determined that the freezing issue (for me with a Roku Ultra) in only with Live TV ads that are being injected into the stream during network commercial breaks. To test, I had my laptop runing YTTV and my Roku using YTTV both on the exact same channel and almost completely synchronized - barely heard an echo between both of them running! After some time, during a commercial break from an ABC broadcast, the laptop YTTV was playing one particular commercial, but the Roku YTTV was playing one of the loops that Youtube uses that says something like "enjoy the zen, commercial break, be right back!" with some stupid xylophone sounding music. The roku never recovered from that commercial break - it eventually turned into spinning waiting wheel of death on the middle of the screen. Meanwhile the laptop YTTV was running along just fine. I exited YTTV on the Roku and restarted the app. I changed channels to watch something on the FOX network and sure enough after a little while another commercial started and this wasnt just their 'be right back' commercial, this was a completely different commercial for Progressive insurance that was not the same commercial on my laptop. This time, the commercial complete properly and returned to the network broadcast about the same time as the laptop YTTV went back to the program. So.. its not an ALL the time thing, but certainly happens more often than not. Hopefully this helps someone...