Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Jump to solution

I agree with Nomad. I have two Firestick's on two other TV's and they work without problem. Passing the buck isn't the way to go. Work with Youtube to get this resolved quickly, or else you're going to see a mass exodus from Roku. A lot of people are using Youtube TV. People have no problem jumping ship for some thing that works. I know I will if this isn't resolved very soon! It's cheap to replace a Roku with a Firestick. My aggravation level is pretty high right now with this issue, and passing it off as someone else's problem, instead of working with the other party to get it resolved is pretty pathetic. Remember, it's YOUR platform that it's failing on, and there are alternate solutions to replace you!

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

Further update - after working with YTTV, I thought it was working but it started freezing after commercials again.  I cancelled YTTV and switched to Hulu Live.  I like YTTV better but it doesn't work on Roku.  This is definitely a Roku problem.  YTTV works fine on my PS4 and just not on the Roku.  Hulu works with no problem on my Roku 2 so until Roku fixes this, I'll hang with Hulu.

Level 8

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

Has anyone any evidence or knowledge of whether ROKU has acknowledged the problem?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi RokuTanner,

Any update yet?

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

YTTV works fine on the tv's with Firestick in them, but hangs on the tv's that have the Roku! 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Tanner, I know for a fact YTTV has been aware of this problem for at least a year. Hard to imagine their engineers have not been in contact with Roku about this. But OK, now you all know about it, as others have said please work together to fix it. We are unable to watch VOD without the blackscreen rearing its ugly head, and it's happening on numerous (maybe all) channels on YTTV after commercial ads. I have streaming Stick + models on all my TVs so it's not just certain Roku devices. Please report back so we know Roku is actually working on this.

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

Good luck in getting Roku to work on this with YouTube TV. I've been attempting to work with YouTube TV and Roku on a specific issue that only happens on the Roku (Firestick works fine). Roku is simply passing the buck to YouTube, and the morons at YouTube support are worthless. 

This looks like another issue that probably will not get fixed anytime soon, or at all. I'm already dumping my Roku devices and buying Firesticks for all my TV's. The Firestick interface sucks balls, but at least it works!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue with YTTV and my Roku 3. One piece of additional information: YTTV VoD works fine on my iPhone app. So I tried casting the stream to my Roku device, and had the same problem. The program stalled on both my phone and the Roku. Then I tried casting from the iPhone to an old Chromecast, and had no problem. In other words, YTTV does not work with Roku whether I’m using the YTTV Roku app or casting from my YTTV iPhone app. If I cast from the phone to Chromecast, I can watch YTTV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

As mine always seems to freeze on the final commercial break in the show, it makes me think that not only is it a known problem, but it is deliberate from the company providing the content.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

This has been a problem for a long time and everyone is pointing at everyone else. The simple fact of the matter is we are the customer and we pay Youtube for a service that isn't working correctly. As Youtube's customer I really don't care whether it's Roku, Sinclair, or Youtube/Google that is causing the problem. I pay Youtube for a service that is not working correctly, therefore, it is Youtube/Google's problem to fix in the customer's eyes.

I read that Youtube/Google's response is often "It's a known problem and we are working on it", which apparently means over the past year, we are too busy playing ping pong, foozeball or taking a stress nap to be bothered. This hangup always seems to be in the 3rd and last set of commercials, which would suggest that it is deliberate, or at the very least should make it easy to find the problem.  

It is time for Sundar Pichai (Google CEO) to get out from behind his desk and fire Susan Diane Wojcicki (Youtube CEO), who has either not looked at this in the past year, or has no idea of how to fix it, or simply doesn't care.

Sincerely,

Tired of paying for something that doesn't work, with no end in sight.