Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with YouTube Tv. Sling Tv would do the same. I hope they let us know a fix!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've been having the same issue with random freezes and restarts on my two new Roku Ultras and the  YouTubeTV app.  I found an article from earlier this year with a quoted reply from the YouTube support Twitter account saying it is a known issue, that Roku was aware of it, and Roku was working towards a fix.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/youtube-tv-is-causing-some-roku-devices-to-freeze-up/

I also spent 30 minutes on the phone with Roku support and they kept trying to tell me it was a "network stability" issue with my internet connection.  I tried my best to explain all aspects of my troubleshooting that led me to believe it was a Roku/YouTubeTV app issue, but the nice young lady did not want any of that.  She just kept telling me it was a problem with my internet.

It would sure be nice if Roku would have at least acknowledged the issue instead of deny, deny, deny.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

Same issues here. Happens on just about every HGTV episode on my TCL HDR 2018 set. This is getting ridiculous. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

We are brand new to streaming services and had this issue.  Very frustrating.  Watching old Shark Tank episodes and had to keep restarting the show.  Ads froze every time.  Don't make me go back to cable!!! We have a roku express.  On a side note, our other tv has a Fire Stick and we did not have this problem.  May replace the roku with another Fire Stick. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

Same exact issue here, on both my Roku Streaming Stick + and TCL Roku tv. Works fine on my other 2 tv’s that have a Fire stick. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just an update, this happens on ALL my Roku devices with YouTube tv. All 5 of my Rokus experience this. It pretty much freezes up the app. 

Sometimes it will play through one set of ads, but it will freeze up right after the next set. Black screen.  

Roku, please assist. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with VOD (HGTV) multiple times the past week and had to unplug the roku device to fix.  YTTV had me delete and add YTTV and monitor the problem.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're seeing. We'll help pass along your reports to the channel provider and request that they help investigate. If you haven't already, please be sure to specify the model of Roku device you are experiencing this issue on (Settings>System>About), the specific content including season and episode that you were trying to watch when the issue occurred, and note what steps you had to take in order to play content once more (exiting the channel, restarting your device, etc.). These details are helpful when investigating. Please also make sure that you have contacted the channel provider directly to report this issue and request any additional support they may be able to provide. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem on YTTV with a 2018 Roku Ultra, mostly while watching On Demand Motor Trend shows.  Sometimes the screen image breaks up before going to an ad and then the tv goes black and stalls after the ad.  The Roku is connected v HDMI through a Yamaha receiver. I have rebooted the Roku, Yahama and LG tv.  No change. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue with freezing after commercial playback - YouTube TV on demand

Roku Model 4400X
Edge of Alaska seasons 1,2,3,4 all episodes

exit app restart / rewatch commercials / freeze again / sometimes play back would start / next commercials freeze on last one/ exit app restart

reboot Roku  - no difference

Remove and reinstall Roku - no difference