Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube TV - DVR Buffering and HD issues.

Hello.  My name is Chuck.  I am suddenly experiencing issues with my Roku Express.  After about 6 months of perfect streaming I am suddenly experiencing buffering issues and the video playback dropping my HD signal.  I have already tried factory resets with my router and the Roku devise.  My ISP checked my signal strength and we even tried to change channels to get a cleaner signal but there was no improvement.  When I watch shows on your Roku channel there is no problem. I only have issues when trying to watch shows on Utube TV ( my main subscription) and other channels like Stirr or Crackle etc...  I feel that perhaps this is an issue between Roku and Utube TV.  Otherwise I would be experiencing the same problems on your Roku channel.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

Chuck

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Buffering and HD issues.

I am buffering issues with ROKU when using the Utube TV.  The DVR recording won't load the same day and often buffers.  When I switch to Netflix I have no trouble so it is not the internet connection.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV - DVR Buffering and HD issues.

I am having the same problem. My Roku Express works perfectly on Sling and Netflix, but Youtube TV, especially watching sports channels is terrible buffering issues. If I hook up my computer and don't use the ROKU, there are no problems. So I have to think it's a YouTube problem and I will not be renewing my Youtube subscription.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV - DVR Buffering and HD issues.

I haven't seen buffering issues as much as I've noticed YouTube TV DVR isn't really HD. Their price is increasing 50%in a couple months. So I'll be looking elsewhere.

0 Kudos