Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Limian
Level 7

YouTube TV, Can not play the programs that are being recorded on Roku

I have an issue when I tried to watch a YouTube TV program that is being recorded. When I choose a live TV channel on YouTube TV app from Roku that is being recorded, I am always being asked if I want to watch from beginning or from live broadcast. If I choose to watch from live, the YouTube TV  app start buffering (this is normal), then instead of loading the live program, the app goes died! I get a black screen. None of buttons is working except the ‘Home’, which brings me back to Roku home and I have to relaunch YouTube TV app and repeat everything. I usually get 3-4 times of this ‘black’ TV thing and finally get the live broadcast showing. It is so frustrating. I believe it is problem of Roku, not YouTube TV because I have it only when using Roku. If you guys know how to solve it, please share. Thank you.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: YouTube TV, Can not play the programs that are being recorded on Roku

I joined two programs that were being recorded pick live didn't have a problem on my roku tv, one was news earlier in the day and later the Kennedy Center Honors. Delete the app, then reboot the roku before adding youtube tv back. See if it helps.

Edmund
0 Kudos