Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

YouTube Suddenly Disabled

I have a new Roku player and all my selected channels were working fine for the past month until today.  There is no way to click on YouTube now and, when, I try, Roku freezes up entirely and I can't click on any other channels without going back to Home.  I deleted YouTube and then selected it again but it did not fix the issue.  I also noticed that among the channels there is a "YouTube" and a "YouTube TV".  What is the difference.  Is anybody else experiencing a locked YouTube?  All my other channels are working okay.

9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube Suddenly Disabled

I'm having the same issue with the YouTube Home screen, it;s really irritating.

Highlighted
Level 8

Same here. Was able to use the Youtube application as recently as this morning, but only get frozen Roku when I select it.

Highlighted
Level 8

ME TOO...how do I fix it???  Already tried rebooting, taking off and reinstalling Youtube app like ten times!!!!!&&@&$$$

Highlighted
Level 8

Hi EVERYONE WITH YOUTUBE FREEZING ISSUES:

1) This is what I did and back to working!!!  I went to my iPhone, downloaded Ruko app.

2) Clicked on Ruko remote control on my phone

3) Clicked on remote mode, then clicked on Star * symbol, to remove YouTube channel 

4) Using my phone still, I searched for Ruko app on Google!  Signed in YouTube on my phone from Google!

AFTER SIGNING THROGH GOOGLE I’VE HAD NO FREEZING!  I HOPE THIS HELPS!

GMR

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Mine stopped too

Highlighted
Level 8

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

The following was posted in another thread by somebody associated with Roku (link included below):

rokuSolution.PNG

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Roku-Express-Crashes-and-Restarts-when-launch...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No YouTube here either

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Will1 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please specify the issue that you are experiencing? With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos