Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lubana
Level 7

YouTube Suddenly Disabled

I have a new Roku player and all my selected channels were working fine for the past month until today.  There is no way to click on YouTube now and, when, I try, Roku freezes up entirely and I can't click on any other channels without going back to Home.  I deleted YouTube and then selected it again but it did not fix the issue.  I also noticed that among the channels there is a "YouTube" and a "YouTube TV".  What is the difference.  Is anybody else experiencing a locked YouTube?  All my other channels are working okay.

7 Replies
Highlighted
mlutzow
Level 7

Re: YouTube Suddenly Disabled

I'm having the same issue with the YouTube Home screen, it;s really irritating.

Highlighted
Spindorf
Level 8

Same here. Was able to use the Youtube application as recently as this morning, but only get frozen Roku when I select it.

Highlighted
Gmr
Level 8

ME TOO...how do I fix it???  Already tried rebooting, taking off and reinstalling Youtube app like ten times!!!!!&&@&$$$

Highlighted
Gmr
Level 8

Hi EVERYONE WITH YOUTUBE FREEZING ISSUES:

1) This is what I did and back to working!!!  I went to my iPhone, downloaded Ruko app.

2) Clicked on Ruko remote control on my phone

3) Clicked on remote mode, then clicked on Star * symbol, to remove YouTube channel 

4) Using my phone still, I searched for Ruko app on Google!  Signed in YouTube on my phone from Google!

AFTER SIGNING THROGH GOOGLE I’VE HAD NO FREEZING!  I HOPE THIS HELPS!

GMR

0 Kudos
Highlighted
P_66
Level 8

Mine stopped too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
P_66
Level 8

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Spindorf
Level 8

The following was posted in another thread by somebody associated with Roku (link included below):

rokuSolution.PNG

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Roku-Express-Crashes-and-Restarts-when-launch...

0 Kudos