Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube errors, missing menu despite troubleshooting

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the YouTube channel is currently experiencing issues that is impacting all streaming devices.

We have already reached out to YouTube to notify them of the issue that is affecting Roku users.

We appreciate your patience while YouTube works to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Belgarath78
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube Sidebar Not Showing, And I Can't Sign In

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue and I removed YT and reinstalled it, then unplugged my Roku, restarted, and reinstalled YT and both attempts did not fix the problem.  I also tried using the second YT in the house and am having the same issue where YT will not let me sign in or even search the app.

itzmefantazia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem. I've removed and installed again. No menu, I updated roku and youtube,  still no menu.  It's the only thing I watch on roku.  Now I can't even sign in. 

Toni

Disjos

Jump to solution

I’m having this problem also, can’t sign in to my account and sidebar isn’t showing.

CaptChaz
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube errors, missing menu despite troubleshooting

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update.... 👍👍

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

For those that might chime in on this thread later, please be advised that Roku has already alerted YouTube about the problem. 

0 Kudos

Re: YouTube Side Menu Missing

Jump to solution

Same things here

0 Kudos
Belgarath78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apparently, this is a YT problem, not a Roku one.  I checked YT's Twitter account and it's a global YT problem people are reporting all over.  (It's affecting my YT account on my laptop, too.)

No index on left of you tube

Jump to solution

Not sure what happened when I am on YouTube there is no index on the left side (aka no history, no search, etc) I can still select stuff to watch but I cannot go to my saved items

0 Kudos
Wolf77

Jump to solution

I have 3 roku , all the same, 2 just updated and YouTube menu missing. The one that's not been updated is fine

0 Kudos