Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bozopolis7734
Binge Watcher

Re: No index on left of you tube

Jump to solution

Yep, YouTube is broken again. Not only that but it keeps pausing saying internet is out. It isn't. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Please read around the community before posting. This has absolutely nothing to do with Roku. YouTube is currently having major outage problems. You can confirm this by going on Downdetector

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It occurred to me I have another older device that I can test the TV version of YouTube on, and sure enough, the left navigation is missing there as well. So it's not a Roku problem.

THAT is a REALLY WEIRD coincidence, to be using YouTube normally, then have a major Roku System software update (from version 10 to 11), THEN have a COMPLETELY different problem with the YouTube channel as soon as the update is done, that is NOT related to the Roku System update. It's weird... but it happened.

I wonder when this is going to be fixed.

0 Kudos
Getyourbone
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube Sidebar Not Showing, And I Can't Sign In

Jump to solution

yup…me too

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Getyourbone
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️😵💫😵💫😵💫🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

as soon as I posted “me too” to this thread…all of a sudden it is working properly 🤔🤔🤔

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unfortunately for me, I removed the YouTube channel from Roku and re-added it, which got the app to reset. So while the side bar is back, it is no longer possible to sign in. When I try, I get "something went wrong". It's the same issue on my other device, so this is still not a Roku problem. People who didn't remove / re-add the app like I did are more fortunate than I.

Update - It worked when I went to youtube.com/activate instead of youtube.com/tv/activate

0 Kudos

Re: YouTube Channel Not Displaying Subscriptions Tab

Jump to solution

I also have lost subscription and all history tabs on YouTube 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube Channel Not Displaying Subscriptions Tab

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
MarcyB
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am so glad I came here to check. I started having the same problems several hours ago. I had added the CNN+ channel this morning and thought that was the problem. I have an older TV with ChromeCast and YouTube is working fine on that. I'll keep checking to see if it is fixed and then I'll got back to the Roku. I hope YouTube figures this out soon. Thank you everyone for your comments.

0 Kudos