Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredleonard
Level 7

YouTube Shrunk

I have my old Roku 200XS in an upstairs guest room with an old analog TV.  Other apps work properly but YouTube only appears in a small size occupying only the lower right quarter of the screen.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: YouTube Shrunk

You Tube is almost unusable on the 2 XS. Goggle continues to update the app for the newest boxes, and makes it run terrible on the older, slower boxes. I haven't seen that particular problem with mine, but I must confess that my 2 XS is rarely even powered on any more. It's just too old and slow for everything. I can't use it to watch movies from my DLNA server because it can't handle an HD video bitstream. It maxes out around 14 Mbps, and all of my HD movies stream at least 20 Mbps (or much higher).
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
dameocrat
Level 7

I occasionally have the same problem with my 2xd.   It seems to get confused about the resolution every once in a while.  Go to menu/settings/display type and see if you are still on 4:3 standard.  If you are not, change it to 4:3.  If you are on 4:3 change it 16.9 widescreen, then quickly change it back to 4:3.   That corrected my problem with the little display in the bottom left corner.  I seem to have this problem whenever roku does a major upgrade to the OS. I think it maybe a nudge to make us buy widescreen tvs.  If this solution works for you append the title with (SOLVED). Maybe add hashtags if they are available to make it searchable.
0 Kudos

Thanks! This solved the problem (for now)
Wish this thread had come up when I searched for it, but it didn't- so I posted a whole new thread about this same topic. 
0 Kudos