Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wombat1
Level 7

YouTube Roku App Extremely slow and restarting Issues

Hi, the last 48 hours I'm experiencing problems with the YouTube App 2.20 (build: 93005144) when attempting to load any video it is slow, as well; when going to my subscriptions, no menu loads; no videos load, in-fact it restarts the YouTube app and at times disconnects the network connection.

I've also noticed in the past 48 hours that when restarting the Roku, it also disconnects the network connection while attempting to re-connect to always fail to re-connect.  Just exactly what or who tinkered with the Roku App and YouTube app which is causing this many issues ?

It would be nice if I could speak to a developer on both the side of the Roku and YouTube App.

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YouTube Roku App Extremely slow and restarting Issues

Hey @Wombat1

We're here to help!

Does the issue only occur on YouTube or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Could you also reply here with the model number of your device? It can be located by navigating to Settings > System > About.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About)

Try reinstalling the YT app:

1) Remove the YT app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the YT app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

0 Kudos
Wombat1
Level 7

Hi, from this point the issue only occurs with the YouTube App.  The model number is 4210X. I hope this helps to hopefully resolve or get this issue resolved as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@Wombat1  Reinstall the YT app using the steps provided - try again

0 Kudos
Wombat1
Level 7

Why, as this never; and I do say, never happened when restarting the Roku it removes the network connection as I mentioned this has been and issue for 48 hours.  

I can date back just four days ago and if I restarted, the network connection retained ?

0 Kudos
Wombat1
Level 7

How can I re-install the YouTube App, when the network connection keeps being removed and when I attempt to re-connect to the network; it always fails ?

0 Kudos
Wombat1
Level 7

After uninstalling, restarting; following by a new install of the YouTube App, the same problem continues. 

0 Kudos
Wombat1
Level 7

Why when viewing my subscriptions; does the YouTube app lock up, followed by Network Error ?

0 Kudos
Wombat1
Level 7

Can someone at Roku and hopefully YouTube look into this issue; it seems that nothing is being resolved. 

0 Kudos