Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill_8937
Level 7

YouTube --Not updating watch history on "branded" account

When I log into to my YouTube app, 2 accounts appear, one branded and one "personal" one (actually, to me, they have always both been "personal"--they merely use different email addresses). They both work fine on my PC, but on ROKU the "Watch History" of my "branded" account is not updated.   I read that Google actively changed many accounts to "branded" ones on Aug 4, 2021.  I guess this is partially a ROKU problem since both the accounts work as they should through a normal web browser.  Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube --Not updating watch history on "branded" account

It's YouTube's app.  They have to provide a version of their app customized to work on each of the platforms on which they wish it to be run (web browser, Roku, firestick, AppleTV, their own Google Chromecast, whatever).  Their track record of getting everything working and keeping it working on all the different platforms they support is far from sterling. It is not at all uncommon for this or that feature to work on one platform but not another.

Google (who owns YouTube) is the one you need to be contacting on this, as they are the only ones that can change their Roku code to make things work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Bill_8937
Level 7

Re: YouTube --Not updating watch history on "branded" account

Thank you for your reply.   I sent them (YouTube support) a link to these posts.  Hopefully someone from ROKU will read this and help to see that it gets resolved. I'm getting toward the end of what I can do on my own!  I have already identified the primary source of the issue for them!   In case, they are reading this, I am using a ROKU 3700X device with the latest YouTube app---which seems to get updated almost every working day.   Cheers!

0 Kudos