Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghb51
Level 8

YouTube Network Error

Jump to solution

Over the past week i've had three YouTube videos on two separate Rokus stop playing around 30 seconds into the video with a message saying there was a network error and giving the option to exit youtube or cancel, other videos play fine. I didn't think to make a mental note of the first two videos unfortunately, but the third was this video. The Rokus are a Roku 3 4200X/Software Version 9.1.0/Build 4919-04 and a Roku TCL Tv 8111X/Software Version 9.1.0/Build 4917-48.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: YouTube Network Error

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes.

For any content-related issues, you'll need to contact YouTube directly to report the issue and request additional help.

YouTube support: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498 or @TeamYouTube on Twitter

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
lsauer
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes.

For any content-related issues, you'll need to contact YouTube directly to report the issue and request additional help.

YouTube support: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498 or @TeamYouTube on Twitter

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
barrymanilow
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, I've had the same as of a few days ago to the point where it has made youtube completely unusable.

On my Roku 2 (similar to your Roku 3) I've found a solution.

All the advice out there seems to be to delete the youtube app, unplug the Roku then plug it in again, and then reinstall Youtube. This didn't work for me however.

What did work was removing all the junk apps I rarely use (things like Bob Ross painting, Pluto TV and something called The Crooner channel) to the point where I now only have six apps.

After doing that then unplugging/replugging the Roku for a reset, Youtube seems to be OK again. Though as ever it's a bit slow through the menus. Wonder if upgrading to a newer model would fix this.

0 Kudos
barrymanilow
Level 7

Jump to solution

Dunno what you meant by "yesterday", Yorlin, but as an update I'd like to say that mine is not 100% fixed.

The error message came back so I went through the youtube menus and amoungst other things deleted the "watch history". This has made the message less frequent, and now when it does appear selecting "cancel" seems to mostly work as a way to carry on as normal.

Still a bit annoying.

0 Kudos
Decoy_nda
Level 7

Jump to solution
The YouTube app works fine on my Apple TV, Xbox one and fire tv, but on my Roku tv it crashes constantly this stated after the last update to the YouTube app
0 Kudos
lsauer
Level 7

Jump to solution

There were a couple youtube updates this week, as noted in Youtube Settings: About.

It seems to be fixed.  Check me if I'm wrong.

0 Kudos