Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YouTube Network Error

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the information.

We have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team and are currently looking into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
davahad
Level 8

Thanks much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
NDinVA
Level 9

I contacted ROKU support and sent the technique for creating the error and also a short video showing the steps and error. Here's what I received as an answer. My last "black hole" question has not been answered. 

ROKU Support responseROKU Support response

0 Kudos
davahad
Level 8

A Roku employee is in this forum now and I was messaged this morning asking the model of my Roku so looks like they are trying to recreate and solve.  Feel good we should have a fix in the near future.

Baltimorecaesar
Level 7

Same issue for me happening over the past 5-6 months. I have gigabit internet & Asus RT88u router, speed test shows +400 mbps down and +45ish mbps up. So speed is not the issue. When I follow the steps in one of the first posts it fails every time. Same failure on 2 roku ultra 4ks and one tcl roku tv. Looking forward to a resolution

NDinVA
Level 9

Yes, from what we've seen it has nothing to do with streaming or speed, or any network issue at all.

Makes sense the error also happens on the ROKU TV if the same hardware and software in the Ultra is built in.

dgtlpsyche
Level 7

Thanks for the updates. Was able to recreate on my Roku TV as well. 

0 Kudos
drawde
Level 8

This happens to me daily for at least 6 months on my ultra. I have lots of subscriptions and scroll through them frequently to look for new content. I’ve about had it and ready to toss my Roku out the door each time I get this error message. I’ve started to use my Apple just because of this issue but I like the Roku interface and remote so much better I hope this eventually gets fixed. 

0 Kudos
pjthefarmer
Level 7

Same issue here and I'm able to trigger the issue using the steps mentioned.

What I'm having to do as a workaround is Cast from the YT app on my phone.

0 Kudos
NDinVA
Level 9

@drawde I hear you on wanting to throw out the device. I'm beginning to look for alternatives too.

I hear Google is developing a device, which is why they may not be motivated to fix any bugs on the ROKU platform. 

To avoid the error sometimes I begin to view new content on my Mac or PC laptop and then go to the History section on ROKU to find them and play them on the big screen. Kind of a pain, but going the History doesn't seem to trigger the bug as it does on Subscriptions.