Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ron2112
Level 7

YouTube Music videos do not stream cleanly

I understand I need to take this to YouTube, and I'm doing that. I'm more looking to see if others can confirm what I'm seeing, because this is a really strange issue. There is a very specific class of YouTube music videos that do not stream cleanly (skipping, buffering) on all three of my Roku devices (two sticks and a TCL TV). This is an example of the kind of video I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/zacphYtrxaE . They are audio-only videos, with the album art and track information, and I believe they are generally designed for the YouTube Music app. There are thousands and thousands of these videos, and without fail, every one I've tried (about a dozen) has behaved exactly the same. Skipping and buffering. No other type of video behaves this way on any of my Rokus, even if I'm casting them directly from the YouTube Music app (just to rule out that app). I also have YouTube Red, which I don't think matters but I'm throwing it out there.

Again, I'd just like to see if others can reproduce this issue. I can reproduce it 100% of the time on all three devices. I'm not at home right now so I can't provide version information at the moment, but I'll gladly do so later upon request.

ron
0 Kudos
9 Replies
dajubo
Level 7

Re: YouTube Music videos do not stream cleanly

I have noticed this EXACT issue as well.

Have you found anything out about this? Is there a solution? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
ron2112
Level 7

Yours is the first feedback I've seen.
0 Kudos
pyther
Level 7

I also have this problem. Super annoying doesn't seem like youtube/roku cares. Roku you should boot the youtube app of your platform until they decide to fix this issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ron2112
Level 7

"pyther" wrote:
Roku you should boot the youtube app of your platform until they decide to fix this issue.

Well I certainly hope they don't do that, as YouTube is 98% of what I watch on Roku. In fact the reason I switched from Fire to Roku was that YouTube pulled their channel from the Fire. I just want them to fix the problem, not burn the house down.
0 Kudos
jones5974
Level 7

Exact same issue.  Youtube videos are fine.  Youtube music buffers terribly.
0 Kudos
chris0028
Level 7

I have the same issue as well.
0 Kudos
Bravo_Family
Level 7

Try using the Vevo Roku Store app instead.

What's available on YouTube music, is typically also available through the Vevo app.  Unfortunately this isn't the case for all music, but has been the case in our own experience, for music that we like, for the majority of music available through YouTube music.

Hope the suggestion helps, and we would also share that it's been our experience that Vevo provides a much smoother stream as well.

Keep it rockin'!  Smiley Very Happy
- Bravo Family
0 Kudos
ron2112
Level 7

Now that Spotify is back on Roku (yay!) this is much less of an issue for me. Still, it would be nice to see it resolved.
0 Kudos
mikkias
Level 7

you can also use the app to download instead of YouTube Premium https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/d ... wnload.htm
0 Kudos