Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

YouTube January 2021 Update has killed the App

Unfortunately, it looks like the January 13th 2021 YouTube update has damaged the app on ROKU. I have tried removing and re-installing but the same problem occurs. When you click on the app a small YouTube box appears in the middle of the screen, the screen goes black and then you are back to the ROKU Home screen again, it refuses to load. Two of our ROKU's so far have the same issue.

Anyone else having the same problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 7

Re: YouTube January 2021 Update has killed the App

Yes, having the same problem on one of our Roku's, our other 2 are working fine, does not make sense 2 are working and one isn't.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I did an update to my TCL tv yesterday 01/13/2021 & after that my youtube channel not working either. We definitely need help a life without YouTube I cannot imagine

0 Kudos
Level 7

I can open the app but it constantly buffers and eventually stops completely.  No other app. Just YouTube.  

0 Kudos
Level 7

I got mine to work, I went to Settings on the main page, then to System and then to System Restart, and restarted the system, after that You Tube came back on and is working fine, you might try that, hope it works for you.

Level 7

Unfortunately, restarting didn't resolve this issue for me.

0 Kudos