Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
istelecom
Level 8

Re: YouTube January 2021 Update has killed the App

Jump to solution

Problem again You tube... on Roku 4 since yesterday... Delete app, reset roku, install again, singin in the my you tube account. And now Blank Screen after selecting a video.... i use with ip address from Mexico an ip address from California USA, same problem....... with appletv in the same network no problem...

I think is a update from yesterday. Another services (netflix, primevideo, hulu, hbomax, showtime, locast, peacock, history channel, telemundo, etc) all ok, only problem in youtube

Cuauhtemoc Morales

0 Kudos
istelecom
Level 8

Jump to solution

i use this solution from another part of this forum.. and work... youtube app work again without problems, after signin in my google account (link to my youtube account) and clear all Privacy Checkup suggestions.... Maybe work for anothers users....

Cuauhtemoc Morales

This is the original postRe: YouTube hanging on Roku  Re: YouTube hanging on Roku
Found the fix. Go into Google account then Privacy Checkup, go through the suggestions. It worked after I clear them.

0 Kudos
CaptNibor
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just letting people here know what finally worked for me. About two weeks ago (early May) YouTube refused to load with the error that there was a problem with the network. Since everything else worked perfectly, I knew the network was good. I tried everything listed here except for a factory reset. The last few things I did was remove some not so often used channels (was only up to 50 or so) along with removing YouTube. Did the restart of Roku device (Express bought about 2 years ago) and finally, changed my theme to Space, added YouTube and then opened YouTube.  It finally worked!  After hours of trying all the suggestions here. The old theme was Aquatic Life, in case that means anything. Just thought this could help someone.

Annmarie15
Level 1

Jump to solution

This happened in June as well. Uninstalling the YouTube app, unplugging tv and waiting 30 secs. Then reinstalling youtube has fixed it. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos