Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoGo
Level 8

Re: YouTube Issues

Jump to solution

Followed your instructions. Still no luck. I have a Rough 4200x Roku3 player.

0 Kudos
Authorized_User
Level 7

Re: YouTube January 2021 Update has killed the App

Jump to solution

Public channels must be submitted to the Channel Store for the review and approval process. If the channel is not compatible with supported Roku hardware, their policy is it will not be approved. Not sure how you got confused, but this is the policy. If you have any constructive information about the problem, it would be welcomed.

Travelstar
Level 8

Jump to solution

Original poster here.

Just as an FYI, I did not mark this post as solved, I am not sure who did but as the original poster this was the solution that I tried just after I posted the initial issue and it worked for me. I apologise for not getting back onto here quickly afterwards and posting the below as the solution.

The solution may not work for everyone, but hopefully one of the variety of potential solutions provided on this post and the replies may help one or all of you.

My solution:

1) Uninstall the YouTube App.

2) Pull the power on the ROKU, don't bother restarting, I tried that but it made no difference.

3) Put the power back in after 30 seconds or so, the ROKU should have discharged within this time and install the YouTube App again.

4) Now restart the ROKU in the normal manner using the menu options.

5) Once it has restarted check the YouTube app and hopefully it is working again for you now.

Number 2 is the important one here but you obviously need to conduct this task at your own risk in case it damages your ROKU, it shouldn't - otherwise power cuts would kill them!

The above process worked on 3 x ROKU Express (2019), 2 x ROKU 2 and 1 x ROKU 3.

Good luck to those of you that haven't had any joy in getting the app working again.

View solution in original post

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Authorized_User 

There are channels in the channel store that are not supported by all Roku devices, and they are all approved. Developers are not required to ensure their channel works on all devices. Simply look at Disney+ or HBO Max. Neither will work on older devices, with Max being more lenient than Disney. Disney specifically is not available on some devices that Roku still supports with OS updates. Max is available on all devices that have Roku OS 9.3 or later. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JoGo
Level 8

Jump to solution

Danny,

I have a Roku 4200X-Roku3 player. Tried everything you suggested. Removed the app, did a system restart, installed the You Tube App back, checked for updates when on the YouTube app twice. Still not loading and going back to the home screen. Can you please help. My unit software version is  9.4.0. build 4200-04

0 Kudos
JoGo
Level 8

Jump to solution

My model is 4200X-Roku3

Serial Number   1GU45U021311

Software version   9.4.0 . build 4200-04

YouTube APP not loading, going back to home screen. 

Tried your instructions. Still not working properly.

Please help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Patricija
Level 8

Jump to solution

This happened to me. You have to remove both the YouTube app AND the YouTubetv app and the do a system restart and re-add. I had tried everything else and nothing else worked and finally I did this today and it is fixed!!!!!

MilesT
Level 12

Jump to solution

Similar longstanding problem with all BBC apps (iplayer, news, sounds) on sone devices since 9.3.

Only solved by buying a new device (happy in this case upgraded to streambar)

0 Kudos
Cee1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you so much @Patricija . I just tried it and it worked. Before I was only deleting the YouTube app and it didn’t work but when I uninstalled the YouTube TV app everything is back to normal. 

0 Kudos
ReactorJack
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked for me on at least one of my boxes. Thanks!

0 Kudos