Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HireBetterDevs
Level 8

Re: YouTube January 2021 Update has killed the App

Jump to solution

Same here, I wish they would acknowledge this problem and hire better Devs.

Cee1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes I’m having the same problem. I tried uninstallIng and doing a system restart but nothing. 

Boz
Level 11

Jump to solution

YouTube is working fine on my 3 Roku Streaming Stick 3600R (2016) devices.

I'll try to check my 2 Roku Streaming Stick 3800R (2017) devices later.

0 Kudos
azinck
Level 8

Jump to solution

It seems it would be useful for folks to share what model devices they're having problems with.  I have a Roku Premier and am having no problems with the Youtube app.

0 Kudos
istelecom
Level 8

Jump to solution

Here with roku 4. doesn´t work youtube... only buferring ... i try with 2 isp (TELMEX 100 MB/MEGACABLE 200 MB) same problem 

0 Kudos
HireBetterDevs
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have a 50" JVC Roku TV, YouTube buffers if I hit pause and never recovers even though my internet connection is great. I have tried resetting and everything else nothing fixes the issue.

I also have a Roku stick on another TV that had YouTube buffering issues. When I reset the stick it solved all the issues.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@HireBetterDevs wrote:

Same here, I wish they would acknowledge this problem and hire better Devs.

You need to contact Google. They own YouTube and provide the YT channel for Roku devices. Roku themselves have no control over it.

For the record, YT is working fine on my Ultra 4800, which is the only player I've tested it on. The YouTube version as reported within the channel under Settings/App Version is web_20210112_00_RC00. The version number listed on the Roku home screen (hit * to see the version) is 1.0 build 93000123

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
tajhlande
Level 7

Jump to solution

Worked 2 days ago on my Roku 3, and now it doesn't. Crashes and reboots every time

PH1970
Level 8

Cannot open YouTube on my Roku. I’ve tried removing channel. I’ve tried restarting my Roku?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Cannot open YouTube on my Roku. I’ve tried removing channel. I’ve tried restarting my Roku?

Jump to solution

Model Number???

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos