Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wanwan
Level 7

YouTube Issues

Hello! I've been having a problem with my TV for a bit and I can't solve it, no matter what I do. When I open YouTube, it runs fine but the loading screen stays on it. Sometimes, it'll not be there but when I change the volume it'll bring the loading screen back. I've tried restarting the TV and it did nothing. The rest of the apps work fine, it's just YouTube. I've tried uninstalling it, but to no avail. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube Issues

The correct procedure to re-install an app on Roku:

1) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku TV (Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(otherwise settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

Known solutions/workarounds for YT not loading (try in order):

1) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

2) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

3) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

4) Remove YT app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/Power/System restart), Add YT app - try again

5) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku TV for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos