Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steph0721
Level 7

YouTube Error Could Not Add

Hello I have a Roku Streaming Stick and a while back it had some issues where it would not start up and no channels would launch. After quite a few factory resets, reboots, etc., the stick seems to be working except for the YouTube app. The YouTube app will not install from a factory reset during the setup (it errors stating to check for updates), from System Update, or even from the store when searching. The error it displays is "Could not add 'YouTube.' There is not enough space to add the selected channel(s). Please remove one or more of your installed channels and try again. To remove a channel press Home, focus the channel, press *, and then select 'Remove channel'." I have removed 5 channels, rebooted, and still receive the error. Multiple factory resets and reboots still have not resolved the issue. The stick is running Version 9.1.0 build 4919-24. Please help! I can't even cast YouTube videos to it, anymore. Roku Streaming Stick (3600 series) 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YouTube Error Could Not Add

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

If you are having issues accessing or adding channels, we would recommend that you remove any unused channels on your device. You will then want to try performing a factory reset on the device. This will clear all data and channels/logins, and allow you to set the unit up again fresh. You can see the steps for how to do this here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

Please let us know if you run into the issue again after giving this a try. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
steph0721
Level 7

Re: YouTube Error Could Not Add

Hello. As I stated in the original post, I have tried all of the above 3 times: removing 5+ channels, reboots, factory resets, and the installation of the YouTube app separately. What else can be done to help @RokuDanny-R ?

0 Kudos