Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KTO
Level 7

Re: YouTube Channel Stopped Working on TCL Roku TV: "Connection Error: Please reconnect to the

[personal information removed]

Roku models: 3921RW Roku premiere+

s/n: YH0007369244

software version: 9.2.0-build 4131-91

Youtube version: 1.0 build 81000234

problem with youtube about 1 month ago, (connection error: Please reconnect to the internet) then last week it was Netflix! it would go the title page and freeze. (black screen with red Netflix logo.

Check connection  was successful

Please help

0 Kudos
Janhol
Level 7

Re: YouTube Channel Stopped Working on TCL Roku TV: "Connection Error: Please reconnect to the

I'm having the same problem, can't connect to YouTube now, with my Roku. I tried reinstalling, unplugging and nothing is working.

0 Kudos
Sputore_33
Level 7

Same issue any luck, tried all.same steps

0 Kudos
TerriLG
Level 7

I am having this same issue, but with every channel I've tried (Youtube TV, Youtube, Netflix, Hulu).  I have restarted my router.  I have restarted my TV.  I have unplugged my TV.  I am sitting on my laptop, farther from my router than the TV, watching the SUPER BOWL on Youtube TV on my laptop.  I was watching it on the television when it froze and gave me a lost connection message.

I have tried other Networks, including a Hot Spot through my phone.  All of them tell me the Signal strength is Excellent or Good and that the status is Connected.

EDITED TO ADD:  Everything is working through Apple TV on my NON-ROKU television, upstairs...much further away from the router than the Roku TV that has a clear shot to the router.

I received this television as a gift, brand new, THREE WEEKS AGO!

HELP!

Youtube TV my screen looks like the photo provided in another comment.
Hulu:  Network Error.  Sorry, we encountered a network error.  Please check the network connection and try again.
Netflix:  Netflix has encountered an error.  Code:  ui-800-3

0 Kudos
rjones
Level 7

I am having a similar problem with some differences.

This only happens with YouTube TV.  I have not seen the problem with any other channel.

I only see the problem on my TCL Roku TV...I have five other devices that I do not see the problem on.

The problem is that I get this error MOST of the times I go to YouTube TV after turning the TV on. Not all the time, but most of the time.

SOME of the time, I can fix the problem by going back to "home" and selecting the YouTube TV channel again.

If that doesn't work, it ALWAYS works for me to connect to some other channel (like Netflix), then immediately go back home and re-select the YouTube TV channel.

So for me it is not a horrible problem, but it is VERY annoying.

0 Kudos
StacieH
Level 7

I see that lots of people are having the same issue...YouTubeTV wont connect to the internet. All other apps are working. Did all the steps, reboot, factory reset, still no luck...Has anyone found a solution? This is very annoying. Especially when you call support and they tell you it's the other guys fault but no one is solving the issue.

My YouTubeTV worked until a couple of days ago. 

0 Kudos
joebob
Level 8

had same problem, did this

settings---system---advance system settings--- network connection reset

also changed DNS in the router

this might help

did not reinstall anything

Jefff
Level 7

So, what was your outcome joebob?

0 Kudos
joebob
Level 8

Its working now

0 Kudos
Jefff
Level 7

Yes, joebob, mine is working again too.  Took about 15 hours and I did NOTHING!  I still don’t have an answer to why this happened or what it took to fix it, but I’m happy for now.

A Roku mess up?

A YouTube TV mess up?

Will we ever know?

0 Kudos