Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrM1
Level 7

YouTube Channel Not Displaying Subscriptions Tab

As of today the YouTube channel is not displaying the subscriptions and Library tab for my primary YouTube account. I can log out and the tabs are there. I can log into another account and the tabs are there. But not in the primary account.

Oddly I can log out and scroll down to the subscription tab navigate over to sign in, sign in to my primary account and I can see the subscriptions. But the tab is not there. And if I leave that section. I cannot navigate back.

13 Replies
Amp1
Level 7

Re: YouTube Channel Not Displaying Subscriptions Tab

I’m having the same issues - can’t get to my subscriptions, my history, or my library.  Those menu icons just disappeared.  Ugh Smiley Sad

Copydoc
Level 8

Same here. Just started today on all Roku streaming devices. No Movies/Shows, Subs or Library icons. Everything below Gaming is gone Smiley Sad

MikaelM95
Level 7

I'm having the same issue. It just stopped. I have a 55" TCL Roku TV not sure if that matters?

JGregg
Level 7

Same here  Is there any chance at all that Roku will reply?  Youtube/Google doesn't seem to know anything (that I can find anyway).

Catalyx
Level 7

Same experience today on a 4K Ultra

Oneofnine
Level 7

Same problem using Roku Ultra on TCL TV. Have tried all fixes and nothing works. This must be an issue with ROKU and not YouTube.

rigs50
Level 7

Same here.  I spent hours last night resetting, rebooting, logging in, etc..  If you highlight a video from one of your subscriptions and hold down the “ok” button it will take you to the subscribed channel but you have to know what channels you’ve subscribed to.  But without a list, I can’t remember all my subscriptions.  I definitely hate this format.

makaiguy
Level 21

@Oneofnine wrote:

This must be an issue with ROKU and not YouTube.

You almost got it right.  It's really an issue with the version of its YouTube app that Google wrote to run on the Roku operating system, not Roku. The channels themselves create and maintain their own Roku channel apps, Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Darkcobra007
Level 7

I'm also having this issue and noticed it last night while I was actively using YouTube Premium on a TCL Roku TV.  One moment I was able to navigate to my subscriptions as usual but after I finished watching a video and went back to the menu then all of the other options were missing.  I have two additional TCL Roku TVs and a Roku Streaming Stick+ and found the issue was on those devices as well.  I checked the YouTube app version and if it appears this update was pushed very recently (based on the app version name which is web_20210414_10_RC10 and the client version shows TVHTML5, 7.20210414.10.00).  I'm not sure if this broken update is Roku's fault or YouTube's but I hope they release a fix for this soon.  FYI, you can temporarily get around this issue if you connect the YouTube app on your phone to your Roku device and then set your playlist or pick videos from your subscription that way.