Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: YouTube Channel Display

I subscribed to Youtube TV ... The presentation and functionality were so bad I quit the subscription before the 'try it free' option expired. It was impossible to navigate, select, etc. ...I don't know who is responsible, but I suspect Youtube will never miss my $50/month.

0 Kudos
Level 8

How did ypu hook an hdmi to a roku?? Or was it a different device?

0 Kudos
Level 9

I have a Roku 1.  That device has both the HDMI output jack and the RCA composite jacks.  My Roku 1 is ok with YouTube when using an HDMI cable.  The RCA outputs still produce the oversize useless screen.

Level 8

I tried the HDMI port and it worked fine.  Thanks for the suggestion

I have two tv's and 2 Rokus.  One of the tvs doesn't have an HDMI port.  Do you know if there are any RCA-HDMI adapters which could be used to fix the YouTube display on older tv sets?

0 Kudos
Level 8

YouTube TV is completely different from the YouTube channel on Roku which is having the problem with the enlarged display.  You can watch the YouTube channel (the video channel, not the live tv streaming service) free on any tv which is connected tho the Internet, and there are no display problems.

0 Kudos
Level 8

From what I've seen, all Rokus have an HDMI port which connects via cable to any of the HDMI input ports on the back of the newer TVs.

0 Kudos
Level 9

stvw, yes there are HDMI to Composite video adaptors, but I have never bought nor used one so I can't advise you there.  Check on Amazon.  I'm sure they are directional (won't work backwards), so make sure you choose appropriately.