Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

YouTube Channel Display

Has anyone else had a problem with the enlarged screen display on the YouTube channel?  The display is so large that it doesn't fit on the screen, and makes it so you can't even navigate using the remote.  It was working fine up until just a few days ago.  I have both a Roku 1 and a Roku 2, and it's happening on both units, and on two different tv sets.  I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, & resetting the Rokus.  Nothing seems to work.  The YouTube channel is the only channel that does this.  The other channels display correctly.  Does anyone know what could cause this?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: YouTube Channel Display

I see on other boards this problem popped up a couple days ago as a result of an update of either Roku or YouTube. Needs immediate attention!

Highlighted
Level 7

I hope this gets fixed soon because I’m having the exact same problem too.  I’m surprised there aren’t more complaints.

Highlighted
Level 7

Yes!  It's so weird because every other app is working fine.  Also I cannot access the * menu in order to adjust the screen!  I uninstalled YouTube and then reinstalled it.  Same problem, 1/4 screen (left top quarter) all blown up when you play.  Also YouTube initial screen is that 1/4 screen all blown up.  I have a Roku LT 2700X and have been playing YouTube video on it for years. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Yes!  Same problem with YouTube that showed up at the same time as everyone else here.  There is another Roku community thread on this titled "YouTube screen is so big it does not fit my TV."  Mine is a Roku 1 with the latest software and YouTube updates.  All other channels on Roku are fine.  I have gone as far as doing the Factory Reset and all that accomplished was wasting 20 minutes of my time logging back in and resetting all my settings and favorites.  There is obviously an issue with the latest YouTube update and/or Roku update.  Sad thing is that both YouTube's and Roku's customer service are all but non-existent.

About all you can do is what one poster said:

1. Select YT app on Roku, then press *

2. Press 'Feedback' selection

3. Select 'User Interface is not working'

Maybe if they get enough of these, they'll get it fixed.  Do it every day until something gets done.

Roku 1
Software Version 9.2.0 Build 4804-06
YouTube Version 2.0 Build 91000080

Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same trouble.  Glad you guys posted so I know it is not just me having the issue.  Thanks for responding to the question.

Highlighted
Level 8

This is something that Roku tech support should be working on in conjunction with YouTube.  I can't believe there's not an 800 number or some kind of repair ticket system in place for either one of these companies.  How is anyone supposed to get their technical problems fixed?

Highlighted
Level 7

Me too! Doesn't seem to be any way to fix this yourself. All other channels are fine. Who's in charge?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Who's in charge?  Who knows?  Technical support seems to be almost non-existent for Roku, besides looking through their FAQ's.  It seems like companies these days don't want to be bothered with the challenges associated with resolving the issues with their products.  Maybe someday they'll learn that's a guaranteed way to lose a lot of customers.

If you have an internet-connected tv, YouTube display is fine, it just seems to be the Rokus which are having the problem. That's the only work around for this problem that I can see right now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I was able to fix the problem with my Roku 1 by removing the RCA cable and hooking up a HDMI cable to my TV. It seems to be working for now.

Tags (1)