Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube App Issue - Roku customer support is a horrible

Hi I am so fed up with Roku! I needed customer support and they make you jump through hoops. They put you through trouble shooting crap and even then you do not get an email or phone number to reach someone for help.  Poor customer service with troubleshooting. I have a major problems with a Youtube app. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I have tried unplugging Roku and plugging it back in. Nothing has worked ,so I tried to contact Roku which I had no success. I am ready to totally drop this device. I want to be able to talk to someone when there is an issue. 

So id there is a Roku worker here you guys need to fix your customer support issue or you will lose customers. Also your Youtube app is not working or it loses part of the picture and wont load. Please fix this problem asap.

Thank you!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
nocable
Level 7

Re: Roku customer support is a horrible

I'm no Roku expert... but any apps that don't work well with Roku are the responsibility of the App Developer, which in the case of the YouTube Channel app, is YouTube, and *not* Roku!!
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Ultra & 3600
SPECTRUM - 100/10 Mbps

Favorite Roku Channels:
WEATHER4US
PLUTO TV
YOU TUBE
PLUTO TV
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 7

As the poster above said, the app is not the responsibility of Roku. In the case of Youtube, as has been said in other threads, it is notorious for "misbehaving" on all devices, not just Roku.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

If you cannot describe your problem, nobody can help you. You failed to do it in your post. Stop behaving like a baby, state your problem clearly. It is important in your day to day life too.
0 Kudos
tuna33
Level 7

"apodtele" wrote:
If you cannot describe your problem, nobody can help you. You failed to do it in your post. Stop behaving like a baby, state your problem clearly. It is important in your day to day life too.

No, I think he provided adequate information for someone not familiar with Roku:

"...Youtube app is not working or it loses part of the picture and wont load."

"I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I have tried unplugging Roku and plugging it back in. Nothing has worked,..."

Somebody here who's actually had to / helped to trouble-shoot a YouTube problem will recognize what he's saying.  I, personally, haven't had a problem with YouTube, but... apparently YouTube still has bugs to work out.  (Anyway, someone can suggest the OP offer more details, rather than blast him with some non-constructive <do NOT bypass the language filter - RokuShawnS> wise crack.  We've all been frustrated with something not going well at some time or other.)
0 Kudos
tuna33
Level 7

Anyway, yes, getting to Roku support is pretty obtuse.  This is true for many, if not most, new users of Roku.  It is not surprising, therefore, that there are 20 or so spam posts for third party Roku tech support posted here every morning, many in the guise of authentic Roku support. 

I've had my problems, too.  An early post of mine:  How do I get real time, real person support?  There's a link there for support (What's wrong with YouTube?

The tech liaison, Shawn, is doing his best to fix this problem.

Here's an internet search:  youtube roku problems
There are some videos on YouTube (and, reading the comments, a lot of angry Roku users), and while they are somewhat dated, it probably only takes a minute or two to try the fixes (which seem to be temporary):  in display settings, change the aspect ratio to 16:9, also set screen to 720.  Well, if these were good fixes, there wouldn't be a current thread about this (above link) here.  Just keep checking in.  If Shawn & Roku haven't been able to provide a solution yet, nobody you're able to contact has a solution either; I'm sure they're anxious for a resolution, too.  (Customer support can be stressful.)
0 Kudos