Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Petros1
Level 7

YouTube Access - Tells me to uninstall other channels,

Jump to solution

I cannot access you tube app. I use Spectrum as my internet connection. It was working fine until this afternoon. Never had this issue before. All my other channels work. I deleted about 4 channels but the problem is still there. I uninstall youtube and reinstall but to no avail.   Any help please. Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KEY1
Level 8

Re: YouTube Access - Tells me to uninstall other channels,

Jump to solution

Others, such as myself,have been/are trying to solve this issue.This worked for me:Basically re-start/re-bootie-install EVERYTHING.That includes your local internet service provider.Temporarily shut it down & then turn it back on/re-connect it.Let the system re-identify/re-call the programmed info,etc.I also DELETED about 50 apps that I never watch…INCLUDING THE PRE-PROGRAMMED APPS that came with the Roku Express(bought last year).I also checked the usual network connections/system tests & then FINALLY tried YouTube…& it worked for me.Now,I can’t say which specific measure taken actually solved the issue…but those actions DID work for me & it is now EXACTLY as before.I hope this helps you guys.✌️

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
drp241
Level 8

Jump to solution

Our you tube suddenly will not load today either. We have spectrum cable also. Says check connection which I did and it is excellent. I don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
KEY1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Others, such as myself,have been/are trying to solve this issue.This worked for me:Basically re-start/re-bootie-install EVERYTHING.That includes your local internet service provider.Temporarily shut it down & then turn it back on/re-connect it.Let the system re-identify/re-call the programmed info,etc.I also DELETED about 50 apps that I never watch…INCLUDING THE PRE-PROGRAMMED APPS that came with the Roku Express(bought last year).I also checked the usual network connections/system tests & then FINALLY tried YouTube…& it worked for me.Now,I can’t say which specific measure taken actually solved the issue…but those actions DID work for me & it is now EXACTLY as before.I hope this helps you guys.✌️

0 Kudos
Petros1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. I disconnected from the wall completely even though I had disconnected the Roku device but let everything else on plug. Not sure if it made a difference. Also, uninstalled and reinstalled app again and like you said maybe some of these steps worked but sure which. Thanks for the tips.  

0 Kudos
Janiceforlife
Level 7

Jump to solution

We are having the same issues today. Will try your steps and see if it works. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos