Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janetlatham
Level 7

You tube tv will not work

Ok so you tube worked this morning. I turned the TV on tonight and it would not work. I deleted the channel and now can't add it back. I use you tube tv to stream tv so how do I get it back or am I done with roku?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: You tube tv will not work

You can't get it back, but you can access YoutubeTV through the regular Youtube channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RichardH1
Level 7

How do I access the regular YouTube app via my Roku Express?  I don't see the YouTube symbol in the list of streaming choices on the Roku home page.  Please advise.  Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @RichardH1

Thanks for the post.

For YouTube to show up on your home screen, add it to your device by following the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.

• At the top of the Channel Store is a list of featured, new and popular categories to explore. You can enter a keyword in Search Channels to find choices based on the title of a channel.

3. When you want to learn more about a channel, press the OK button on your remote to open the details. In addition to a synopsis and rating, you can preview screenshots of the channel.
  4. If the channel is “free” then you can select Add Channel to install the channel on your Roku device.
  5. If the channel is “paid”, then you can select Buy $X.XX in order to purchase and install the channel.
  6. If you have a Roku account PIN, then you will be required to enter it. If you do not have a PIN and wish to protect against unauthorized purchases, learn how to create a PIN for your Roku account.
  7. If your payment information is out-of-date, it will need to be updated in your Roku account.

To know how to add channels via our website, feel free to visit this link: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos