Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lambo300zx
Level 7

You tube not connecting

I have 4 roku's the one I am having an issue is is a roku express. 3900rw. If I try and open the you tube channel it just pops up a white screen saying connection error, please connect to the internet. No buttons work and the only way to exit or do anything is to press the home button. If I go to any other channel I have internet and they work perfectly so I know it's not my internet connection

The other 3 roku's are also roku express and they have no issues with YouTube. Also this one is the newest of all 4

Thank you
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: You tube not connecting

I'd suggest the app installation is corrupted in some way. Best thing would be to reinstall it. Do it this way:

1. Remove the app.

2. Reboot the Roku. 

3. Add the app back.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
lambo300zx
Level 7

Removed, restarted, and added back no change
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

That is extremely odd. If the devices are all tied to the same Roku account, try swapping the location of the problem Roku with a different device.

If the problem remains, then you might want to return it for a different device (another Express, perhaps), unless someone else has a suggestion.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
lambo300zx
Level 7

Yea I moved it from my kids room to mine cause I don't watch YouTube but he does and it still messes up it's just weird cause every other channel works fine, Netflix, sling, etc.
0 Kudos
ekgurney14
Level 7

Having same issue.  Did you ever get it resolved?
0 Kudos
lambo300zx
Level 7

No I did not. I ended up just switching roku's out between bedrooms because I don't watch YouTube on it
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

I don't have an Express, but I have a number of other Roku players and TVs. YouTube is functioning on all of them. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ekgurney14
Level 7

Works fine on my stick.  Need to use express+ as it is a old CRT TV.
0 Kudos
rfwebber
Level 7

I'm having the same problem, but it just started happening 3 days ago after 3 years of accessing YouTube with no problems. All other channels work fine. I have a Roku 3 (4230R). I've done the "remove the app, reboot Roku, reinstall the app"  3-step to no avail. Help!
0 Kudos