Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Basil
Level 10

Re: You need to fix this quickly

Also, log in to your Roku account, scroll to the bottom, and remove any devices listed that you don’t currently have.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
ucinn
Level 7

I checked with my son, and the Roku I gave him probably is on my account, but he hasn't had it hooked up since December when he got his Roku TV and thus couldn't have done it, but I will unlink it from my account regardless. The only other person that could get access is my wife and she wouldn't get in to my account (when I asked she didn't even know we had one), nor have the know how to delete a channel anyway.
0 Kudos
ucinn
Level 7

Had the time to  check it all out. The one I already mentioned here lost all channels including my ps vue and Pandora

All the TV's added back ones I deleted and lost all channels except and added the others back the others they all added back were Sling, Twitch, Hulu, and Starz. They all lost CBS sport, NBC sports, Fox sports, TNT, TBS, PSvue, Pandora and a few private channels I had on there

Spare bedroom
Model 3900X- Roku Express
Serial: YG0074286300
Software: 8.0.1build 4090-51
Device ID: C377C7286300

TV
Model: Roku tv 7301X
Serial: YN0093545569
Software: 8.0.0 build 4183-31
Device ID: 8M6759545569

Office
Model: 3900X- Roku Express
Serial: YG00CX012309
Software: 8.0.1 build 4090-51
Device ID: C337CC012309

Basement
Model: 4660X- Roku Ultra
Serial: YJ00c0187973
Software: 8.0.1  Build 4090-46
Device ID: CK37DC187973

Needless to say, you can see how much work I have ahead of me to add and sign back in to all these channels on this many TV's... I have unlinked the Roku 3 I gave my son (even though he hasn't had it connected since December..so we go from here. I will also change my password on my account to make sure no one else has access.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

FYI: from the Roku account page, you can only add channels, not remove them. Channels (apps) can only be removed from a device. They’ll remove immediately from the device used, and from others on the account after those devices update.

For example, assuming all 4 are on the same account, suppose you remove Netflix from the Roku TV. It’ll disappear immediately.  If you then force an update on the Office Express, Netflix will go away there. It’ll still be on the Bedroom Express and the Ultra. When those devices update overnight, Netflix will disappear from them.

I gather you knew some, if not all, of this. However, if someone else is having an issue with apps disappearing and ran across this thread, this might be helpful for them.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos