Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLJ220

Can anyone explain to me why I cannot get the Peacock channel to show up on my Roku?

Jump to solution

I signed in to my Roku account on my laptop and added the channel there because on my Roku device on my TV Peacock doesn't show up to add it. I added the channel on my account, it shows it is installed. I go back to my TV, turn on my Roku and nope Peacock is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! Not even when you search channels. Can someone help me with this? or Provide me with a Customer Service number so they can explain to me what is going on? I am really frustrated. Peacock was just recently added to Roku devices but yet I can't seem to find it. Could it be my device is too old?? It is probably 5 years old. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can anyone explain to me why I cannot get the Peacock channel to show up on my Roku?

Jump to solution

@MLJ220 wrote:

I signed in to my Roku account on my laptop and added the channel there because on my Roku device on my TV Peacock doesn't show up to add it. I added the channel on my account, it shows it is installed. I go back to my TV, turn on my Roku and nope Peacock is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! Not even when you search channels. Can someone help me with this? or Provide me with a Customer Service number so they can explain to me what is going on? I am really frustrated. Peacock was just recently added to Roku devices but yet I can't seem to find it. Could it be my device is too old?? It is probably 5 years old. Thank you in advance.

Yes, your Roku device may be too old.  Check Settings > System > About to determine your Roku model and model number.

NBC wrote their Roku channel app to support the following models:

Roku:
Roku 2 (4210X model only)
Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later) 
Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

Source: https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/what-devices-and-platforms-are-supported-by-peacock

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Peacock Non-Availability

Jump to solution

Roku provides the platform on which the channel apps run.  With the exception of Roku's own two channels, The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player, the channels themselves create, provide and maintain their own channel apps. 

It was NBC's decision which Roku models they would write their app to support.  The more older models with lesser capabilities the app is written to support the more complex the app must be and the harder it is to debug and maintain.  If you want to complain about their choice of models to support you should take your complaint to NBC.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
bdpopeye
Roku Guru

Re: You can now add Peacock to Roku

Jump to solution

I have peacock. I like the older tv programs & movies streaming for free. Up until yesterday both of my rokus a roku premiere & a roku 3 model 4200 streamed peacock well. Yesterday the roku 3 stopped streaming peacock..period. I did all the roku tricks to get it to work short of hitting it with a ball pen hammer, but it still does not work on the roku 3. Works fine on the roku premiere.

Anyone have any ideas why? Thanks!

0 Kudos
hmogensen

Re: peacock not showing up on my ROKU SE

Jump to solution

Are they going to add it to older models?

0 Kudos
Karinka

Peacock on Roku

Jump to solution

Hello, I cannot seem to download the Peacock channel on my Roku. Online Roku allows to download and everywhere i read states its available to play on... but i cannot seem to actually get it into my roku? Am i required to upgrade due to their "channel only available on newer model scam" to make you but new Roku? Thanks, Karina

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Peacock on Roku

Jump to solution

Roku provides the platform on which the channel apps run. With the exception of Roku's own two channels, The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player, the channels themselves create, provide and maintain their own channel apps.

It was NBC's decision which Roku models they would write their app to support, not Roku's. The more older models with lesser capabilities the app is written to support the more complex the app must be and the harder it is to debug and maintain. If you want to complain about NBC's choice of which Roku models Peacock is compatible with, you should take your complaint to NBC.

Blaming Roku for Peacock's inability to run on older Roku models is like blaming the manufacturer of an old black and white tv for its inability to display color.

0 Kudos
Dodgerblue

ADDING PEACOCK TV to Roku Stick 3500X

Jump to solution

I've been trying to add my PeacockTv service to my Roku stick 3500X without success.

I've attempted to update software & re-booting system without luck.

Anyone know how to receive this service on the 3500X?

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: ADDING PEACOCK TV to Roku Stick 3500X

Jump to solution

You can't.  That is a very old device that won't support a lot of the newer channels.

https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/what-devices-and-platforms-are-supported-by-peacock

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TCM49

Unable to locate the Peacock channel

Jump to solution

I got an email on October 14th informing me the Peacock channel was now available on Roku players and Roku TVs but I’m not finding it anywhere. Can you please help with this matter?  Thanks

0 Kudos