Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Re: You can now add Peacock to Roku

Jump to solution

Your roku device has to have been activated using the same account you are using now.

0 Kudos
mgcaves
Channel Surfer

Re: peacock not showing up on my ROKU SE

Jump to solution

Is there a Date when Peacock will able to view on other ROKU devices ? other that ROKUTV ?

0 Kudos
lparet

Re: Can't find Peacock on Roku Express+

Jump to solution

Both of my Roku units are on the peacock supported device list but it is not in the channel store. I can only install on phone. Does Roku have anyone actually working in customer service? They don't even provide a support email address 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: peacock not showing up on my ROKU SE

Jump to solution

@mgcaves wrote:

Is there a Date when Peacock will able to view on other ROKU devices ? other that ROKUTV ?

It is available on current and recent Roku devices. It's mainly older models that are not supported by NBCUniversal. My Roku 4 is probably the 'oldest' device that is supported.

0 Kudos
mgcaves
Channel Surfer

Adding Peacock to Older ROKU Devices

Jump to solution

I can receive Peacock on my ROKU TV  but not yet on my older ROKU streaming devices.   Is there a Date to add &  be able to view it on the ROKU 2 or 3? 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Adding Peacock to Older ROKU Devices

Jump to solution

@mgcaves wrote:

I can receive Peacock on my ROKU TV  but not yet on my older ROKU streaming devices.   Is there a Date to add &  be able to view it on the ROKU 2 or 3? 

As noted in other threads, NBCUniversal is only supporting newer models, just like AppleTV+ and others. It simplifies their support and app programming.

0 Kudos
rsercely

Jump to solution

BUT, SNL is broken. I can watch Season 46, episode 1 on my TV, but NOT on Roku on my TV.

0 Kudos
kytourguy
Reel Rookie

Peacock Non-Availability

Jump to solution

I FINALLY found a list of Roku devices that provide access to NBC's Peacock streaming channel.  I couldn't find it on Roku's website, but the Peacock site makes it available.  It appears that BOTH of my Roku devices are unable to stream that channel.  Both are less than 5 years old.  

If this is Roku's way of forcing product turnover, it won't work with me.  I hope others will complain too.  We paid for a product.  We expect it to stream ALL available channels.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock Non-Availability

Jump to solution

@kytourguy wrote:

I FINALLY found a list of Roku devices that provide access to NBC's Peacock streaming channel.  I couldn't find it on Roku's website, but the Peacock site makes it available.  It appears that BOTH of my Roku devices are unable to stream that channel.  Both are less than 5 years old.  

If this is Roku's way of forcing product turnover, it won't work with me.  I hope others will complain too.  We paid for a product.  We expect it to stream ALL available channels.

No, it's not up to Roku what channels are supported on what devices. The channel developer has sole control over that. They may use features that older players don't support, due to processing power requirements.  Exactly what model Roku players do you have? Model numbers please. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
gdurkee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Disagree. You're right, of course, that it's NBC that sets the specs and, so, the models of what it's able to stream on. But Roku does have a responsibility to say "this won't work on models x, y, z" etc. I signed up and like everyone here, it didn't show on my very old Roku model. Then had to dig around and find this thread which is the only way I found out I needed to get a newer model. It would save everyone this hassle if, on the Roku Peacock TV page, it just said what the models needed are.

0 Kudos