Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shelix7584
Reel Rookie

Re: Where's Peacock?

Jump to solution

I really hate programmed obsolescence.

Jump to solution

I have a 3700x. I wanted peacock to watch Premier League football but I can't get the app on my device. So, I seriously have to buy a new device to to get the channel app? GTFO. I'm already dealing with NBC and their money grabbing service trying to watch games that I want. Now I gotta buy a new device just to watch cause apparently mine is too old even though it's 3 years old. cmon. 

0 Kudos
CJred
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

bro, this is exactly the reason why I dusted my old roku off and set it up only to find out it doesn't have peacock on it. I'm currently casting matches from my mac onto tv using chrome cast like its 2014. I'm an Arsenal fan btw. COYG!! 

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@CJred wrote:

bro, this is exactly the reason why I dusted my old roku off and set it up only to find out it doesn't have peacock on it. I'm currently casting matches from my mac onto tv using chrome cast like its 2014. I'm an Arsenal fan btw. COYG!! 

How much did your mac cost?  Cause I'm pretty sure its way more expensive than a 50 dollar Roku.  Also, Roku's in their infancy stages this decade, similar to personal computer in the 80s & 90s where they got outdated every 4-5 years. Now, people have PCs and laptop 10-12+ years old. Could you imagine having a PC from 1988 in 2000?

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RUKiddingMeh wrote:

I have a 3700x. I wanted peacock to watch Premier League football but I can't get the app on my device. So, I seriously have to buy a new device to to get the channel app? GTFO. I'm already dealing with NBC and their money grabbing service trying to watch games that I want. Now I gotta buy a new device just to watch cause apparently mine is too old even though it's 3 years old. cmon. 

Just curious, does your 3700x run pretty slow?  My parents (not sure the model) had one that seemed painful to use, but I thought it was their internet speed. One day I was on their wifi for work and ran a speed test on my laptop, was surprised how fast their internet really was. Bought them a new Roku, and it was incredibly faster, well worth the $40 to improve their TV viewing experience every day.

0 Kudos
julesg78

Re: You can now add Peacock to Roku

Jump to solution

I added the app from the website and it's not listed on my channel list.  So I went from the roku to the channel store and peacock isn't even listed.....I have a roku 1...is it too old???

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock channel not installing on premier+?

Jump to solution

@saboken wrote:

4630x roku premiere +

software 9.1.0 build 4147-29

Premiere + 4630 should be able to run Peacock per their supported model list.

But Roku operating software has been on version 9.3 for some time now, and 9.4 is just starting to roll out, so still being on 9.1 might be the problem if NBC didn't program their Peacock app to be back compatible with version 9.1. Try forcing a software update via Settings > System > System update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@loisj wrote:

Did this.  Nothing yet.   How long does it take after adding the channel via the website above, for PEACOCK to appear in my ROKU channel list?

Channels added to your account via the website will be added the next time your Roku auto-updates. You can cause it to update manually via Settings > System > System update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
MamaDi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have added the Peacock channel and it says that it’s installed. However even after refreshing, unplugging and plugging back in my device, it still does not show up on my available channels on the Roku home screen. Why? I’m running a Roku 2 xs

0 Kudos
KJ_77

How do you get it to your tv

Jump to solution

I have followed every instruction it says installed on the roku channel on my computer but it doesnt show up on my tv, how do you get it on your tv?

0 Kudos