Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shelleyp
Roku Guru

How to get Peacock TV on my Roku device

Jump to solution

According to Cord Cutters, you can add Peacock to Roku now via private channel.

'To add the channel, start by signing up for a Peacock subscription. Then, login to your Roku account and click here to navigate to the Peacock Roku channel. If you’re prompted to enter a code, enter PEACOCK. The channel will be installed on your Roku device and you’ll be able to sign into your Peacock account to start streaming.'

Peacock is Beginning to Roll out to Roku 

Roku Channel Store: Peacock TV

Source: Roku Channel StoreSource: Roku Channel Store

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: You can now add Peacock to Roku

Jump to solution
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: peacock not showing up on my ROKU SE

Jump to solution

There is a list available here:

https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/what-devices-and-platforms-are-supported-by-peacock

Roku:
Roku 2 (4210X model only)
Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later) 
Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

View solution in original post

271 REPLIES 271
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

A direct link to the channel add is here:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/593099/peacock-tv

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@andyross wrote:

A direct link to the channel add is here:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/593099/peacock-tv

Note the misleading information provided by Peacock that this channel is "free".  Read THE WHOLE page before signing up.

[EDIT -- I have now installed this channel and see that the initial installation provides access to their free, more limited, ad-supported tier.  To subscribe to the higher tiers requires additional, separate action on the part of the viewer.]

https%3A%2F%2Fimage.roku.com%2Fdeveloper_channels%2Fprod%2Fc04d2b625d0b0c9eae4bab4bd9ff11d61b63fc1d5aec56d5cab399ec5288d5e0

The link signs you up for the Peacock free preview tier currently offered, but further on down you'll see this:

Peacock Premium / Peacock Premium Plus subscription charges may begin at the conclusion of any free trial or promotional period, as may be applicable. You will be charged on a recurring basis. Your subscription will auto-renew until you cancel. Cancel at any time by visiting your account. By subscribing, you agree to the preceding subscription terms and our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

These are the normal terms for most any subscription service but those who sign up without reading the conditions they are agreeing to will be caught unaware,

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I should hope that most people would realize what "free trial" means these days.

shelleyp
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That was fast. Well, good.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@andyross wrote:

I should hope that most people would realize what "free trial" means these days.

Yeah, me too, but from the number of clueless posts we see here in this regard all the time it's clear that many don't.

Their main graphic on that page doesn't say FREE TRIAL, it says STREAM FOR FREE in bold yellow letters.  Hence my warning to read the WHOLE page before jumping in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Don't forget that Peacock does have a truly free tier. It just doesn't have as many titles available.

KordKutter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You won't be billed if you read everything and just sign up for the fully free tier. The trials would obviously become billable.

samk1

Jump to solution

Just installed Peacock via Roku account but it's not listed on my Home channels.  Do I have to wait for awhile for it to show up or is my device too old (it's a Roku 2)?

CJred
Reel Rookie

peacock not showing up on my ROKU SE

Jump to solution

After the announcement of Peacock to Roku, i got a notification from Peacock that its now available on ROKU however when I search for it in my roku app, i don't see it. I have updated by app today 09-21-2020. can someone advise, how to get this?