Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TinaT
Level 7

You Tube on Roku not loading some channels

Jump to solution

Yesterday some of my subscription channels on youtube wont load. It says loading for maybe 3 secs then goes to black screen. If I wake it up with my remote it says 0:00 watched of 0:00 

This is only for some channels. Teen mom wont load, dont judge. Rebel news wont load, etc. 

Yet others will load and play in full like Reuters. 

I have removed the channel from roku, turned tv on off, reloaded signed back in and it will play the first show I pick, then the next show/ clip I go to the problem states all over again. 

I've tried fixes from my laptop and phone but the issues are on those devices only the roku. 

Please help as my daily workouts to my daily meditations, news, and mind numbing programs are all on you tube so I'd hate to not have them work anymore, especially while gyms are closed and the world is slowly losing its mind. 

Thank you I need this app 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: You Tube on Roku not loading some channels

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

If you are have already removed, restarted your device, and added the channel back and are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
skookadoo
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problems. I have done everything 3x (uninstall, reset, clear cache, ect....) 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

If you are have already removed, restarted your device, and added the channel back and are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
TinaT
Level 7

Jump to solution

The putting it out into the Universe action worked. Just as randomly did the problem start for no reason, so did it end, randomly for no reason. 

However I wanted to comment on contacting You Tube. While it's great in theory, have you ever tried to contact You Tube? Facebook? Instagram? There are no humans, nor does anyone really care. That was the first route I went and after being sent to "what's your problem?" and submitting it, with a reply of "thank you for your suggestions, we take all suggestions seriously" LOL So that didn't work either. 

Anyways, I won't bore anyone, but contacting these social media providers is myth, although I do appreciate your efforts. 

Thank you. 

TT

0 Kudos