Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

You Tube Crashing Even After Reinstall

Jump to solution

My You Tube app is crashing back to home screen while loading. I will see an hourglass and then the channel crashes.  
I have already checked for available updates to my Roku TV and the You Tube channel.
I have removed the channel, restarted my TV, and reinstalled the channel with no change.
I have verified that this does not happen with any of my other channels.

Anyone else see this before where a reinstall hasn’t made a difference? Suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: You Tube Crashing Even After Reinstall

Jump to solution

Hi @Benlunn 

Roku support was no help, but they sent me to YouTube TV help, who told me to unplug my TV and modem from their power sources for 30 seconds to reset them, and that did the trick. Hope it works for you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. It is only affecting my Roku TV; my Roku Premiere plays YouTube TV just fine. This happened a few months back, and nothing Roku support suggested (removing and re-adding channels, checking for updates, etc.) helped. After several hours my Roku TV auto-reset and the problem was fixed; I am guessing Roku made a software fix and pushed it through.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi @Benlunn 

Roku support was no help, but they sent me to YouTube TV help, who told me to unplug my TV and modem from their power sources for 30 seconds to reset them, and that did the trick. Hope it works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That worked!  Thanks!

0 Kudos