Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DisCussion
Level 8

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

As to which one broke.........to reply to tvtower...  I clearly remember watching YouTube most of the day one Fri. the 13th...I went to work that night, came home at 6am the next morning the 14th. Clicked the youtube Icon and got the spinning channel update circle...I remember now that the last Roku update was on the 12th 

So I watched youtube for one day on the new 9.2 Roku update. So clearly it's the new youtube soft ware that has the bug...

Highlighted
butterball
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes I know it is inevitable like my collection of vintage eMac's ! I will still go out of my way to let the Companies/Corps know I am not happy about it !

Marry Christmas/or other, to everyone !!!

Till next year,

Butterball - out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TVtower2
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you to aerobroken for the extensive research and lists of current and updateable models.  My Roku 1 is a 2710X which is on the "updateable" list and indeed was updated on 12/18/19.  However, what DisCussion stated makes perfect sense now. 
"I clearly remember watching YouTube most of the day one Fri. the 13th...I went to work that night, came home at 6am the next morning the 14th. Clicked the youtube Icon and got the spinning channel update circle...I remember now that the last Roku update was on the 12th"

He got the Roku update a few days earlier than I did, but obviously we all got the YouTube Channel update on December 13th.  The update that broke YouTube.  From other posts, it is also clear now that the bad YouTube update broke the RCA jack analog outputs on the Roku and not the HDMI port connection.  I'm not a programmer, but this sure seems like it would be an easy fix.  Google/YouTube, why not at least attempt a fix rather than tick off thousands of people that have to use the RCA outputs for various reasons, like those of us using a Roku that only has analog outputs, or TV's with only analog inputs?  Especially since this affects many Roku units still being supported with updates.

Highlighted
DisCussion
Level 8

Jump to solution

You have to keep in mind also that the Last Roku update info in the system menu will show u a correct true Roku update BEFORE you do a factory reset.... so if u get an update on the 12th. Then end up doing a factory reset say on  the 18th.. the last update in the system menu

will say last up date was the 18th...

Highlighted
aerobroken
Level 9

Jump to solution

On my first list that's for the Roku System update Roku OS 9.2, and the second list is as it states that some apps may or may not work. I've already explained I have to of these unit's same model 2720x that got the update for the software, and then the updated app for youtube. As far as I can see I got both of the on 12/10/19. The only one that isn't working with this new update from the youtube app is the one that I can only hookup with the 3 RCA cables since it's an older 27" HD tv. And the other works fine but that system is hooked up with the HDMI. Both are using wifi. And both got the updated software, and the updated youtube app. They sell these RCA unit/models that are newer and I'm not sure if those are affected with this whole zoomed resolution or not. I'm not going to by another until I know it will work. I only usually watch youtube in the bedroom when I wake-up and before bed, and if I'm sick then it's all day. And I've shared my unit/model is still fully supported by Roku, and Youtube. I feel it's an easy fix, that somehow got missed and am trying to remain hopeful that due to the time of year it'll get fixed soon after the holiday, hopefully before new years. I won't buy a new tv for that room since that one works as if it was new, and I also use it for retro gaming consoles. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

One reason why I can't get rid of my ROKU 1, some channels when playing movies or a video have no audio when I use the newer model with the HDMI cable.  Strangely, when I play the same channel and movie on the older model ROKU 1 that uses RCA jacks, the movie has audio and plays fine.  I even checked the audio settings on the newer ROKU.  I had this issue for like over a year and ROKU still can't figureout the issue.  This happens with several ROKU apps.  I am not dumping my old ROKU until it completely dies and stops breathing.

Highlighted

Re: YouTube not functioning since 9.2 update

Jump to solution

Roku 2 - 2720X

Firmware 9.2.0 build 4804

On a 4:3 CRT TV — all our other Roku channels display correctly.

Our YouTube isn't crashing like the others in this thread, but instead always launches landing on the main screen at the upper-left corner whose screen is way too large, extending off-screen to the right & bottom.

We separately checked both Roku firmware update & YouTube channel update; nothing newer. Then we removed the channel and re-installed as suggested elsewhere in this thread, but same symptoms.

This is my sister's setup, and she is furious! YouTube is her second most frequently-used channel after Netflix.

I use my Roku 3 - 4200 back home with YouTube daily, but I have a modern 16:9 flatscreen TV.

Anyone else with old equipment experience the same?

– –
Roku 3 (4200) purchased for $22.93 on clearance at Office Depot > Bleiden HDMI-to-Composite converter > old 4:3 CRT TV (now in another room, as I have acquired a modern LCD flat screen TV, March 2017)

R.I.P. Roku XD|S (2100), Feb 2011–Apr 2016
Highlighted
Cblucas3
Level 9

Jump to solution

aerobroken ,Would you please direct me on how to see update/software information for YouTube? I can only see that for the Roku. 

Highlighted
aerobroken
Level 9

Jump to solution

I wasn't ever able to verify for YouTube only, nor locate any information of what just the YouTube app supports for Roku Units. All my attempts lead to YouTube TV. The only information I was able to gather on the most recent update that caused this was through the app on the Roku unit.  That states that version number. This is what's caused this issue for all of us. I even tried to see if I could locate this information on the Google Youtube Forums and had no luck in locating it. If any one can that would be very welcomed. It's sad that we all have to become somewhat experts and clan together to figure this stuff out today, and these companies make it so difficult to help us with even finding the information, or getting the support for a service we've paid for, and is still supported.  

Highlighted
Cblucas3
Level 9

How To Fix YouTube App Issue

Jump to solution

There has been an ongoing issue with the YouTube app being "zoomed" in to the point it is unusable. It seems to have only affected Roku models using the analog RCA jacks such as Roku 1.

So far the issue has been ignored by YouTube and Roku. How can I/we be put in contact with someone that can address this issue?

0 Kudos