Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

The 12/18/19 software update was the Roku itself.  YouTube app does not date its software updates.  Which one broke it is hard to say.  Could be a combination, but most likely YouTube.  You are probably right in that the last update YouTube rolled out (2.0 build 91000080) was mainly built for newer Roku models and what it did to older models was a consequence.  Not even tested there.  In that case, were just SOL.  Yes, if we could only roll it back or download the previous version, problem solved.  But... not to be.

I played with that All Screen app a few days ago, but had many problems.  Will have to try again.  I think that is the only cast app that has a channel for it on Roku.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

There are a few others I had tried recently but they didn't work and they were paid apps. I've been using All Screen for about a year to cast mp4 movies. Never tried to cast from it's built in browser until a few days ago. 

Seems to work fine but I need to figure out it's playlist feature. So far I just pick and play one video at a time instead of my entire Watch Later playlist for example. Better than nothing I suppose.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I could never get the 'cast' symbol to show up.  The little box with a sideways wi-fi symbol in it.   Samsung S9.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I totally agree with you on this issue, I have a Roku 2 and I'm having the same problem like everyone else on this topic. Roku and YouTube...please help us.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Here's the current devices that are still in full support and should have no issues properly viewing and using the youtube app, so they should be supported. The update was to make sure on those that were fully supported had the auto-play feature. I knew some of the older model were at the end of life, and loosing support. So a few may be unsupported. I do know mine model is still in full support it's the 2720x model unit. 

Here's the list, and the source after:

If You’re Using an Older Model That Didn’t Get the 9.2 Update

The Roku 9.2 update began to roll out in October. The update brought features including searchable channels, voice controls, and the ability to control multiple devices with Alexa and Google Assistant.

In the software release notes for the update, Roku lists the following supported Roku devices receiving Roku OS 9.2.

• Roku Express
  • Roku Express+
  • Roku Premiere
  • Roku Premiere+
  • Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Roku Ultra LT
  • Roku Ultra
  • Roku Smart Soundbar
  • 4K Roku TV
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3600X)
  • Roku Express (3700X)
  • Roku Express+ (3710X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3800X)
  • Roku Express (3900X)
  • Roku Express+ (3910X)
  • Roku Premiere (4620X)
  • Roku Premiere+ (4630X)
  • Roku Ultra (4640X)
  • Roku Ultra (4660X)
  • Roku 3 (4200X)
  • Roku LT (2700X)
  • Roku 1, Roku SE (2710X)
  • Roku 2 (2720X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3500X)
  • Roku 2 (4210X)
  • Roku 3 (4230X)
  • Roku 4 (4400X)
  • Roku TV (5000X)
  • 4K Roku TV (7000X)
  • Roku TV – All Roku TV models

Some of the older models will still be supported by only certain apps for example Disney+ :

• Roku LT (2700X)
  • Roku 1
  • Roku 2
  • Roku 3
  • Roku 4
  • Roku Express
  • Roku Express+
  • 4K Roku Premiere
  • 4K Roku Premiere+
  • 4K Roku Ultra
  • 4K Roku Ultra LT
  • Roku Streaming Stick
  • 4K Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Roku TV
  • 4K Roku Smart Speaker

Source: 

December 17, 2019

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/if-you-have-these-older-roku-players-it-is-time-to-upgrade/

If I find any more information, or am contacted from Youtube, or Roku supports I'll be sure and share an update. When my unit isn't fully supported I'll have no issues purchasing an upgraded until for both my bedroom, and front room, but as I've stated both mine are still fully supported being the 2720x models, that have the combo rca/hdmi hookups. The only difference is the one that is working is connected to the 1080p plasma hdmi 42" tv, and the other in my bedroom is using the rca hookup to an older Sony 27" HD tv via a dvd/vcr. I keep this old setup for older console gaming units to keep there classic play. 

Due to the holiday's and many being off work, hopefully after Youtube, and Roku can resolve this matter for all those that are still in full support of both that they've stated, and those that aren't have mostly been contacted and offered a discount on helping purchasing another replacement newer model in full support. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I was aware of this already, and checked first before i made my initial post, and even thought about tweeting it to all those I did.

Roku is Ending Support for Older Models

Owners of older Roku devices will no longer get the newest Roku OS updates.

Roku has three categories of devices.

• Current: Roku is currently manufacturing these products and they are fully supported.
  • Updatable: Roku no longer manufactures these products, but they can still be updated with the latest Roku OS.
  • Legacy: Roku has discontinued these models, and they cannot be updated with newer versions of the Roku OS.

The following are the current and updatable devices that can be updated with the 9.2 OS:

Current

• Roku Express
  • Roku Express+
  • Roku Premiere
  • Roku Premiere+
  • Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Roku Ultra LT
  • Roku Ultra
  • Roku Smart Soundbar
  • 4K Roku TV

Updatable

• Roku Streaming Stick (3600X)
  • Roku Express (3700X)
  • Roku Express+ (3710X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3800X)
  • Roku Express (3900X)
  • Roku Express+ (3910X)
  • Roku Premiere (4620X)
  • Roku Premiere+ (4630X)
  • Roku Ultra (4640X)
  • Roku Ultra (4660X)
  • Roku 3 (4200X)
  • Roku LT (2700X)
  • Roku 1, Roku SE (2710X)
  • Roku 2 (2720X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3500X)
  • Roku 2 (4210X)
  • Roku 3 (4230X)
  • Roku 4 (4400X)
  • Roku TV (5000X)
  • 4K Roku TV (7000X)

And these are the Legacy Models that will no longer be updated.

• Roku DVP (N1000)
  • Roku SD (N1050)
  • Roku HD (N1100)
  • Roku HD-XR (N1101)
  • Roku HD (2000C)
  • Roku XD (2050X, 2050N)
  • Roku XD (2100X ,2100N)
  • Roku LT (2400X)
  • Roku 2 HD (3000X)
  • Roku 2 XD (3050X)
  • Roku 2XS (3100X)
  • Roku LT (2450X)
  • Roku HD (2500X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3400X, 3420X)

Source:

September 27, 2019

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/roku-is-ending-support-for-older-models/

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I ask once again. Is this information for the Roku system or does it include the YouTube software of which is separate from the Roku software and is updated by the relative app developers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This should be an easy fix !!! Youtube or ROKU, or Youtube and ROKU, I will not be a happy camper if this is not resolved !!! 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Everyone please understand that Roku updates it system software alone and does not update individual apps. Each app, in this case YouTube, updates third own software.

So even though Roku continues to update the Roku system software I can confidently say YouTube/Google is not supporting the Roku 1.

To help show my point a person can go to the home screen, position to YouTube, hit the * on your remote and a menu will pop up showing where Check For Updates. Of course it will say YouTube Is Up To Date. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

butterball,I totally agree. However all hardware eventually falls to the wayside. I predict Netflix will be next. They have already dropped the original Roku models.