Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Russell1946
Level 8

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

When you do a reset, don't you have to relink all your subscription services youtube, amazon, netflix, pbs,m etc.?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TVtower2
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, Russell1946.  A factory reset will take the unit back to original state & will have to set everything back up.  It is a pain and does not help this problem.  Neither does removing YouTube channel and adding it back.  Definitely a Roku issue with YouTube.

Highlighted
Moontanman
Level 7

Jump to solution

This has been going on for several days now how about some help! 

Highlighted
Indigo
Level 8

Jump to solution

Check this out, this works.

If you have an android phone download and install the "Web Video Caster" app. It's a browser for your phone that can stream to various devices. Actually I think it just sends the url to stream and the roku does all the work so I don't think it uses the phone's bandwidth. If your phone is connected to your router while at home it doesn't matter anyway. Then install the Web Video Caster app on the Roku. Make sure both devices are on the same network. Search for the video you want watch on the web video caster app on the phone, doesn't have to be YouTube, it can be any video from Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc..Then hit the stream button and scan for the device you want to connect to, it should find your Roku automatically. My Roku 2710 shows up as "Roku Legacy:,  The Web Video Caster app should open automatically on the Roku and play your video. If it doesn't open automatically, then open it manually and the video will play. You can control the video from your phone, stop, play, pause, forward, rewind, etc.. The Roku remote works as well. I just discovered this app twenty minutes ago and I have it working already with my Roku. The app has been around for several years, I had no clue. If you need more instructions just google "web video caster roku" and you'll find tutorials. It's pretty easy.

Highlighted
flohhlof
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Russell1946 wrote:

When you do a reset, don't you have to relink all your subscription services youtube, amazon, netflix, pbs,m etc.?

it's like getting a brand new Roku player, you'll need even to connect again with the local network, and maybe all the hassle doesn't even help so much at the end

Highlighted
TVtower2
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for that information, Indigo.  I may just try that app or one of the many like it.  However, that is only a workaround for the problem.  The fact remains that YouTube DID work correctly for a long time on the Roku 1 & 2, then an update by YouTube and/or Roku messed it up.  We shouldn't have to resort to apps on our phones to make Roku do what it once did and is intended to do.  They need to take this back to their respective programmers and fix it.

Highlighted
Indigo
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree they need to fix the YouTube channel. However the web caster app is a very good workaround.  I actually like it better because it'll stream video from many different sites and I don't have to be in eye sight of my Roku to control it. Roku dropped the DailyMotion app but you can stream it with this app. YouTube works fine with it. It's also snappier than the YouTube app on my older 2710, it doesn't lag as much.

Highlighted
rgdewar
Level 7

Jump to solution

Me 2. Functioned properly until about a week ago.  Tried the fixes listed.  ROKU 1.

Highlighted
aerobroken
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm also affected by this - Roku 2720x and the recent update pushed on 12/10/19. Connect via 3 RCA cables on an older Sony 27" HD tv via wireless. Doesn't affect any other app on this system, and I'd not changed anything on this entire setup and it all works fine. All is fine on my frontroom setup though it's connected via hdmi with HD 1080p same model of Roku as above.  I've sent feedback via the roku almost daily, and also through the youtube app to pile up the feedback complaints. I also tried to fix it by removing it, rebooting, and reinstalling, and nothing will work. All else works as should, but youtube.

This evening I decided to go one step more and used the feedback via my pc on youtube through Chrome and provide more information to hopefully gain better knowledge to them to resolve this issue. I'm longtime paying Premium Subscriber that must help the Content Creators with my views, and likes since I pay.

I provided in that feedback all that should be required to help resolve this issue, and referred to this thread in addition so that can help resolve this issue asap by using everyone's information here. Since so many have shared all the information already hopefully we'll get a new update pushed to resolve this issue soon.  If anyone here feels the need it may also help if many that use twitter do some shoutout's to both "@Youtube @ytcreators and @Roku" and link this thread to help resolve and escalate it more so we can get back to watching youtube. I do know my unit it still covered so that can't be the issue of this zoomed in issue. I miss watching all my subbed channels when I wake up, and before I go to bed and I have quite a few of them, so it's affecting them financially too that's why I've suggested in the twitter shoutout to include them too since it's hurting their income. 

Tags (2)
Highlighted
aerobroken
Level 9

Jump to solution

I just tweeted this and pointed to this thread and took a snip of my reply, so feel free to RT my @aerobroken. I have a more than 7k followers, many huge verified so retweeting my tweet may help further resolve this issue quicker.