Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
singinjohnny
Level 7

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

After a lot of dead-ends and superfluous information with absolutely no help from YouTube, I simply went into Roku settings/system/system update. Three updates, the last of which was the YouTube update, occurred. The YouTube update took a considerable length of time. But once that occurred, YouTube now displays correctly. It’s pretty stupid that we have to figure this stuff out for ourselves without any help from the organization at fault. I feel for non-IT-savvy users.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tracys65
Level 7

Jump to solution

Fixed! Hooray! Thank you!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Will try it tonight when I get home.  I've watching youtube on my cell phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
janet1959
Level 8

Jump to solution

WOW! Finally! it took them an entire month to finally fix it! THANK YOU! Thanks to the techs and thanks to everyone who chimed in here! woohoo!! I've got a lot of catching up to do now Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
janet1959
Level 8

Jump to solution

THANK YOU! finally back to rights...hooray!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

YouTube has released an updated version of their channel (app) for some devices today that should help address this issue with display size. Please try checking for a system update in Settings>System>About, or remove the channel, restart your Roku device entirely, then add the channel back once more to download the latest version. 

Yay, my youtube is back to normal on my ROKU.  I didn't have to remove the channel and restart the ROKU unit and re-add the youtube app again.  however some ROKU users may have to follow those steps.

Thank you.  I can finally watch my cooking videos on my kitchen TV.

Andres

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Gee
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you very much😀😀😀....just tried this new version this morning. I just selected YouTube and it worked fine. The display size is back to normal for YouTube on my Roku 2 version 2720R. 👍👍👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
singinjohnny
Level 7

Jump to solution

Removing and re-adding the channel didn't help me. The only solution for me was what I had previously stated, which was to perform the channel update from the Roku settings menu.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TVtower2
Level 9

Jump to solution

Doing the YouTube software update has corrected the problem for me as well.  I'd like to thank all those at Roku who passed this information along to YouTube, as well as the YouTube developer team(s) that came up with the update fix.

For Roku and YouTube, I do want to add this as well.  I, as I'm sure everyone else here, am very disappointed in the lack of any easy way to register issues like this with either of your firms.  No direct contact numbers, no direct email addresses, and having to go through multiple hoops to even get human contact.  Then when human contact is finally obtained after hours and hours of effort, only to receive their generic scripted list of reboot, reload, power-cycle, etc. etc.  Yes, yes, we get that, we did that, YOU have a legitimate problem with a product we paid for.  At the very least, is it asking too much to have a technical email address to report problems like this to?  And, to at least respond with a confirmation that you've received the information and are working on it?  Sure would go a long way for repeat sales.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dcr4M
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried that but didn't work for me. I have an old bit HD tv

0 Kudos