Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

To get the email thru, I did fudge a bit and said I had a roku express on the pull down menu, you are right there isn't an selection for roku 1 on support page...we will see if if I have displeased the gods or not..wall Mart had a 32inch smart tv for 128...I live in an rv and I want to keep my trusty Panasonic 24inch ...it fits perfectly in my living area..

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the Same problem since a few days ago. I have roku 2, which worked great about a week ago. Is this problem going to be fixed?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 2 player that worked on an older (non-flatscreen TV) until last week as well... 

Roku 2 9.2.0 build 4804-07 

Youtube app ver 2.0.91000080

Seems that one or the other (or BOTH) have screwed up with the latest updates!

Agreed that at the very least, YT has a large vested financial interest in getting this fixed ASAP.  When it hurts the bottom line, then they'll listen!

1. Select YT app on Roku, then press *

2. Press 'Feedback' selection

3. Select 'User Interface is not working'

Maybe if they get enough of these, they'll get it fixed - but not holding my breath...

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for this discussion.  I thought I was the only one having problems until I found this board.  Same issue here with YouTube on my Roku 1.
Software Version 9.2.0 Build 4804-06
YouTube Version 2.0 Build 91000080
I did the report problem "User Interface is not working" several times now over two days.  It is upsetting that companies like Roku have no direct support email or phone number.  Do they even read these boards?

Following.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Go-to Settings: System: Advanced System Settings: Factory Reset.

If in Guest Mode it will not be available.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

That's the thing...they WANT everyo6to ditch old TV's, assuming that you'll buy a new Roku TV

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've been looking at smart tv's I've seen the roku tv.....just waiting till after Xmas for obvious reasons...given the non response from roku support I'm looking at the smart tv...I mean what can't you get on the smart tv that you can on the roku.??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Cblucas3,  just to say I did it, I performed the factory reset on my Roku 1.  As others have indicated, that does not help the YouTube enlarged screen issue.  All that did was waste 20 minutes of my time re-logging back in and setting my preferences again.  Don't waste your time.

This is a coding or programming issue with YouTube, Roku, or both.  Far too many people have the same problem that began at the same time, and I find it hard to believe that Roku's engineers have no knowledge of this issue.  All they have to do is acknowledge the problem and let us know they are working on it.  To stay silent is about the lowest customer service you can get.

YouTube not working is a deal breaker.  If not fixed soon, I'll be moving to their competitors.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Do this every day, maybe even several times a day until it is fixed.

If anyone else is having this issue, please report it via your Roku device.  Here's how you do it:

1. from the Roku home screen, highlight the youtube app.
  2. press the "*" button on your remote.
  3. Choose "provide feedback"
  4. Choose "user interface does not work"
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@TVtower2 wrote:

Do this every day, maybe even several times a day until it is fixed.

If anyone else is having this issue, please report it via your Roku device.  Here's how you do it:

1. from the Roku home screen, highlight the youtube app.
  2. press the "*" button on your remote.
  3. Choose "provide feedback"
  4. Choose "user interface does not work"

YES! Every time I want to turn on youtube (which is frequently! like 13 time so far today) , I've sent feedback, just as you describe.