Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

my youtube was up to date but uninstalling, restarting roku and reintalling seems to have fixed it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Still an issue today. Uninstall youtube and reinstalled on my brand new now smart stick roku powered and YouTube is zoomed in with no display options. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Followed both instruction to reset and the zoom is still. too large. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This just started happening to me. I tried both of your solutions but neither helped. Is there a new solution to try since this original post?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Still having the problem with video being cropped. Can’t see the whole image.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

These fixes did not work. I updated my Roku. That did not work. Then I removed the YouTube channel, restarted my roku and reinstalled YouTube. The display is still too big for my screen. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This solution does NOT work! Just signed up for YouTube tv yesterday. Followed the recommended solution, same problem. Will be cancelling my YouTube tv. If it doesn’t work from the beginning seems unlikely to get better. Dissatisfied YouTube tv user! Lucky only in free trial.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

All,

To say that the YT software update doesn't work is not completely correct.  I had the size problems described by other posters.  However, the first time I downloaded their new Roku YT app after it was released, it worked as expected for me on my TV.  It has worked ever since without fail...

I wonder if the brands / models of TVs makes a difference.  My TV in question is a generic "Durabrand" model from around 2000 or so.  Initially, I had an old Roku 2 analog box (the red/white/yellow connector kind) plugged into this TV, and that's when I had the "YT screen too big" issue.  However, as stated, that went away with the updated YT app fix.  I have since upgraded to an E-net to analog cable converter in use with a RU4670, since the Wi-Fi was not great for that location.  Long story short, no further issues!

Good luck all!

- rockn24x7

0 Kudos