Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, RokuTannerD.  It means lot to know that someone at Roku has heard our voices and knows about this issue, along with passing this along to the YouTube Team.  Much appreciated.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV. Roku support phone #

Jump to solution

I have Sharp Roku TV and am having the zoomedin issueon YT and OTA and movies on Roku.

[content removed]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I swapped out my red white yellow cables(rca) to HDMI and cleared up problem...if you dont have hdmi connections there are adaptors that can you can use to make it hdmi compatible 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The HDMI cable and adapter sort of works, but causes my Roku SE to think I have an HD TV when I have SD (Standard Definition) and stretches everything which is now 16:9 to fit a 4:3 screen. There is no way to compensate for that through Roku, YouTube, my SD TV, or the HDMI adapter.

I am hoping the YouTube brainiacs fix the problem they created instead of making us buy things, create work-arounds, or stand on our heads to make their channel viewable again.

Footnote:  01/10/2020 YouTube Update has corrected the problem for me as well.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

aerobroken - another week passed and it's still not fixed. Are you going to try and call YouTube support again?

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, I will call YouTube Premium Support on this coming Monday. Trying to give them time to get the update done. I haven't given up, and will update after I call them then. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences here. We have an update to share. 

YouTube has released an updated version of their channel (app) for some devices today that should help address this issue with display size. Please try checking for a system update in Settings>System>About, or remove the channel, restart your Roku device entirely, then add the channel back once more to download the latest version. 

Let us know if this helps!

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This update worked.  I can again get Youtube.  Thank you for addressing this problem. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Youtube channel is working again here, thanks!

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

The recent update fixed my issues as well. I've also called and thanked youtube premium and asked them to thank the department that the devs work in for getting this resolved.

Thanks also to Roku, and everyone else for all the help and providing your information. If any of you are YouTube Premium Paying Subscibers. Just call them explain the inconvenience this caused and request a one month credit. They gave me one for the inconvenience for the past month.