Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

Same here, older Roku older TV...at least it's not something that I did.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had to do reset set my Roku 1 to get YouTube to play at normal the last update made it play back zoomed

@DW1 wrote:

Same here, older Roku older TV...at least it's not something that I did.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

if you want to waste time with that reset thing instead of wait to the developers correcting what looks clearly like a bug in the last software update, well, that's your call

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

TVtower2,

I never claimed it would work. As I stated, that although it fixed YouTube, it caused problems in other apps.

Also, my fault, I did not mention that setting the Display during setup will also make it where there will be no difference. I found this out during my second Factory Reset. So on my third attempt I chose 4:3 SD but in the confirmation window I said No. Or in other words I cancelled it.

You are right to say that it is a waste of time and I would not suggest anyone to bother. I apologise for not being specific in that instead of just outlining the other problems it caused with other apps.

On top of that it is complicated and a lot of intuition by oneself must be applied if possible to duplicate this process.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I would also like to say that my morning routine involves watching YouTube. I am currently enjoying an episode of The Universe.

I will point out though that it causes problems with other apps.

When I do get YouTube to work I must point out that for some reason my Roku thinks it's on a 720 16:9 set when it is not. Perhaps that is what it defaults to when I cancel the Display Setting option during Setup.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Perhaps Roku or YouTube has considered the Roku 1 at it's End Of Life/Service and is no longer supported. That is why they are quite on this issue. 

Netflix did this to as of December 1st, 2019 on some of the other older models.

If so they should at least make an announcement as Netflix did.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Cblucas3

Thanks for the extra notes and explanations.  I don't think the Roku 1 is at its end of life/service since it just got a software update on 12/18/19.  True, it is no longer available for purchase, but it seems that Roku is still doing software development and updates.  I know YouTube is suffering badly right now.  Other groups I'm involved with that do live streams from across the country are pulling their hair out with the back-end issues YouTube is having.  I'm reasonably certain that the YouTube screen being too big to fit on any TV through the Roku 1 & 2 is YouTube's glitch, but Roku has a responsibility to its users as well. 

Still not fixed this morning.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you, hopefully this will be resolved soon. Im following this thread daily

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Good luck to ya, DisCussion.  Nice find.  Hope YouTube works on it like it should.  I agree with your last three words.  Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This problem cropped up after what seems like years of youtube displaying properly on roku.  Will Roku fix the problem or will customers have to migrate to Amazon and/or Google products to stream youtube?  

Roku  Please address this ASAP.  It is your software that caused the display problems. 

0 Kudos