Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

If anyone else is having this issue, please report it via your Roku device.  Here's how you do it:

1. from the Roku home screen, highlight the youtube app.
  2. press the "*" button on your remote.
  3. Choose "provide feedback"
  4. Choose "user interface does not work"
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Following....hope this is resolved soon and just tell us how to update either app to fix...thank you

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Done...hopefully many will do this so we get their attention asap

I cut my xable and watch youtube 90% of the time, especially music

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Same problem. Using Roku 1 on a 4:3 TV.

I did a factory reset and YouTube was back to normal. However I noticed that text screens in other apps such as Amazon Prime were a little squished. I checked the Display Type in the Roku settings and it saying I was connected to a 720p widescreen. So I set it back to a 4:3 standard definition. Mistake. YouTube went back to being "zoomed in ".

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sounds like u have hi/def tv ,hook up thru hdmi, all of the problems are us folks using rca/composit hook ups on older tvs

Level 9

Jump to solution

Nope, using composite. Since my last post I did the reset again. Once again back to 720p. However this time my actual video was distorted. Looked like a 16:9 being forced into 4:3. Even in YouTube. It was not "zoomed" but the widescreen video was being forced into 4:3.

So I went on ahead and set the Display to 4:3 SD from 720p. The odd thing is that even though it was in a 720p, 16:9 ratio there was no choice for a 720p. Just 4:3 SD or 16:9 SD. Choosing 16:9 SD seemed to have no effect on anything.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have just sent an email off to hopefully a human being at roku support. It. Said will get back within 24 hours so maybe we can find out if they are working /aware of the problem....I got a feeling a smart tv will be in my very near future... then sadly the roku player goes in the trash....

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for emailing them. Im on a Roku 1 on an old panasonic big screen. They wont let you call or do online support for that model, ugh. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

How fid you do a factory reset? Besides uninstall and install....Im on Roku 1.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

today when I checked, the initial screen was appropriately sized. I was able to sign in, and access my feed. That is the good part.  When I try to watch a video, it gets too big again. One step forward one step back. 
I am also on a ROKU 1