Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

This is a brand new problem, it was fine until last night. I have tried re-setting my ROKU, I have un-installed and re subscribed to YOUTUBE, and now I can not even sign in because the screen does not fit my TV. HELP! PLEASE! I need to access YOUTUBE for learning!
I wish there was a way to TALK to someone....this is not helping at all.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences here. We have an update to share. 

YouTube has released an updated version of their channel (app) for some devices today that should help address this issue with display size. Please try checking for a system update in Settings>System>About, or remove the channel, restart your Roku device entirely, then add the channel back once more to download the latest version. 

Let us know if this helps!

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

143 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

wtf! same issue since Ruko update last night

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Same here. Is like it's zoomed in too much. Menu, videos and banners are getting cut because it's too large.  It was ok this morning but now it's too darn large.  Please resolve this.  I hate watching youtube on my phone.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same here, Roku 1 SD, looks like the HD signal is crammed in a 4:3 screen

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, I just launched YouTube on the Roku and I have the same issue as well! Hope they'll fix it soon!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem

Picture too big for tv screen 

I changed every setting but no luck

Was fine until 12/12 

Now I can't watch youtube on tv?

Help/please fix

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I think this problem is with the old ROKU unit. I had ROKU 1 for like 10 years and it's only happening on my kitchen TV which is an old analog 13-inch TV using RCA jacks.  All channels on this old ROKU are operating perfectly except Youtube which I like to watch cooking videos while I cook the same recipe.  I would be pretty upset if I buy a ROKU Express the only unit that has the RCA port connectors for analog TVs and then I might experience the same issue with Youtube.  Is anyone using a ROKU Express with RCA jacks and experiencing problems with Youtube?  I think I'm the only one with a ROKU 1 unit on the planet. LOL  I think it's time to upgrade to a new TV and ROKU unit for the kitchen. LOL

Level 7

Jump to solution

Could be my roku 2

But it was fine until mid morning yesterday when YouTube updated its then my big picture problem began

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same here. I have  a roku 1. Youtube and roku just updated now screen is zoomed in to upper left corner!!! I wish someone from their tech support would please address the issue...

Roku 1 9.2.0 build 4804-06 

Youtube app ver 2.0.91000080

And ironically they both just updated!!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same issue here, older Roku on older tv.